Company Apply Now
Our client in the State College area is searching for a candidate with the right qualifications to be a documentation specialist. This position is a temp-to-hire position. The candidate will be responsible for researching, gathering, writing, and dissemination of technical information as well as the preparation and maintenance of user guides, instruction manuals, reports, visual aids, articles, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information to end users.
This role is responsible for the integrity of document version control, storage, cataloging, and ease of document retrieval for all stakeholders. This role involves creation of new end-to-end documentation as well as updates to existing documentation in a cross-departmental environment.
- Plan, organize, write, and edit manuals and other documentation
- Research, develop, and document technical information in creating an end user deliverable
- Produce, maintain, and appropriately catalog electronic versions of documentation
- Collaborate with the Director group and internal IT to formalize documentation creation/maintenance and storage procedures
- Maintain a comprehensive documentation library and master document control listing
- Ensure documents maintain continuity of style and content
- Interview internal business subject matter experts to understand work functions and processes and gather information
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and key board.
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to communicate orally with others is crucial. Regular use of phone and email for communication is essential. Hearing and vision correctable to within normal ranges are essential for conversations, receiving information, and preparing or inspecting documents.
- The ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 75% of the time, as well as the ability to move about the office occasionally is required. Using a computer while sitting for extended periods is common.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position
- Able to write explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, journalism, or English and 2 - 4 years of demonstrated experience in a technical writing capacity preferred.
- Associate Degree in communications, journalism, or English and 5+ years of demonstrated experience in a technical writing capacity will be considered.
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume (must be in .doc, .docx or .pdf format).