Production Associate - 2nd & 3rd Shift
Under general supervision, works in a team based environment work cell and any other related duties as directed by immediate supervisor. Works safely and efficiently to produce quality plastic products (ie., tanks and other material handling containers).
- Wears safety PPE whenever inside the plant
- Understands how to read a work order
- Dispensing powder as designated by work orders (Ensure scale is at zero)
- Ability to work as a team to dismantle and assemble the molds
- Ability to work as a team to assemble all parts produced by the work cell
- Follow procedures to ensure a quality part is produced
- Understands how to read a cut-sheet
- Understands where to find additional information (ie. Closure specifications)
- Ensure product is clean (inside and out) remove knockouts and vacuum
- Install all required labels and decals - straight and free of bubbles
- Trim to specifications with various hand tools (ie. Trim tool, sure-form, die grinder)
- Understands and follows specifications to drill and tap tubulations
- Understands the importance of the 3.5 p.s.i. leak proofness test and follows procedures
- Perform scanning functions and understand the importance of inventory control
- Keep work areas clean and free of clutter - put tools where they belong
- Perform other related duties as required
- There may be times when a temporary work assignment is required to maintain the production requirements of the department. Work requirements will be made at the discretion of Management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
A high school diploma or GED equivalent and work experience in a factory, industrial, construction or farming environment is required. Successful completion of a basic math skills test that will demonstrate the ability in weighing powder and measuring fitting locations is required. Basic knowledge of hand tools (ie. Die grinders, impact tools, drills, and saws) is preferred and an average degree of manual skills (ie. using putty knives and trim tools etc.) and a considerable amount of physical effort is also required. This position frequently lifts or moves material weighing 5 lbs to 55 lbs, and anything weighing greater than 55 lbs requires mechanical methods or extra personnel.
Somewhat undesirable working conditions. May be exposed to noise, heat, powder, vapors, and intermittently loud power tools to the extent of being undesirable and usually more than one at a time.
This position reports to the Plant Manager and/or Production Shift Supervisor.