Carson, California, United States
Join Dermalogica, the world's largest and most respected professional skin care company and The International Dermal Institute, the world's foremost post-graduate education in skin therapy. Our entrepreneurial spirit, hands-on environment and fast-paced culture encourages employees to be their best, bringing innovative solutions to reach the skin care professional and consumer. We are highly energetic, passionate, and results oriented. You will find that Dermalogica is a very special place, with tremendous opportunities ahead for us, all building upon a record of achievement and now leveraging Unilever's cutting-edge resources.
Dermalogica is seeking a dynamic and talented Financial Accountant
This is an important role on the U.S. Accounting / Finance team with full responsibility for the day-to-day accounting tasks, month-end close duties, account reconciliations and financial reporting, always with an eye for opportunities to automate and simplify work that is currently performed manually. The ideal candidate can think at a process level, spot issues and think creatively to find solutions and improvements. We would be excited to support the successful candidate through a CPA or similar qualification as well as gaining broad experience in Dermalogica and the broader Unilever organization.
This role will be based at the Corporate Headquarters and will be reporting into the Director of Accounting.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Accounting or Finance.
- Relevant experience (incl. audit or consulting) highly desired.
- Either qualified CPA or part qualified. We will provide further study support.
- Experience with working in a fast-close environment.
- Experience and comfort working with a range of different systems / accounting tools.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to engage others, integrate into new situations and to work effectively in teams.
- Analytical ability to turn complex problems into simple plans.
- Ability to communicate accounting messages in business language to the wider business.
- Courage to challenge established norms in a constructive way and drive change.
- Passion to develop themselves.
- Ability to be objective and calm in high pressure situations.
- Detail oriented with a high level of ethics and integrity.
Apply now and become a team member for a company that provides competitive salaries, outstanding benefits including Health Benefits, Monthly Product Allowances, Profit Sharing, Annual Fitness Reimbursement, Domestic Partner Benefits, 401(k) Matching, not to mention a host of other perks. Don't let this opportunity pass you by!
To be considered for this role, please click "Apply Now" to complete your online application. Please know that all applications are reviewed for consideration. A member of the Human Resources team will contact you if your experience and skills are a match for the position.
Dermalogica is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity.