Strategic Product Manager, Tripwire - REMOTE
Tripwire is a leading provider of security, compliance and IT operations solutions for enterprises, industrial organizations, service providers and government agencies. Tripwire solutions are based on high-fidelity asset visibility and deep endpoint intelligence combined with business context; together these solutions integrate and automate security and IT operations. Tripwire's portfolio of enterprise-class solutions includes configuration and policy management, file integrity monitoring, vulnerability management, log management, and reporting and analytics. Learn more at tripwire.com, get security news, trends and insights at tripwire.com/blog or follow us on Twitter@TripwireInc.
Tripwire is just one of the many brands that make up Belden's impressive portfolio. Belden is a multi-billion dollar global organization of 8,000 talented people that supports the mission-critical network infrastructure and audio visual broadcast needs of many of the world's best-known brands, placing us at the heart of the global transformation to a truly connected world. We are seeking driven, results-oriented team members to help us continue to grow and succeed.
Tripwire Strategic Product Manager
This position offers the flexibility to work from home anywhere in the U.S. See https://www.tripwire.com/company to learn more about Tripwire and our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusiveness.
The Strategic Product Manager will support the definition, communication and execution of a strategy for growth in the Cloud Security Posture Management Market. This position requires business skills and technical aptitude. A qualified individual will have the ability to work cross-functionally with a diverse set of roles across the company to focus on customer success. The right candidate will be highly motivated to expand their product knowledge, build deeper connections to the market and customers and grow their product management capabilities.This role reports to a Director of Product Management.
The Strategic Product Manager will support the definition, communication and execution of a strategy for growth in the Cloud Security Posture Management Market. This position requires business skills and technical aptitude. A qualified individual will have the ability to work cross-functionally with a diverse set of roles across the company to focus on customer success. The right candidate will be highly motivated to expand their product knowledge, build deeper connections to the market and customers and grow their product management capabilities. This role reports to a Director of Product Management.
Working independently and within an array of teams at Tripwire, the Strategic Product Manager resolves a wide range of diverse problems utilizing personal judgment and experience. They interact with employees at all levels of the organization and take personal responsibility for meeting the needs of the customer and setting business objectives and working through necessary tradeoffs. They effectively communicate research findings to the organization and collaborate with Technical Product Managers and Engineering to establish plans for implementation.
- Serves as a contributing member of Tripwire's Product team.
- Works collaboratively to identify targets and market opportunities through market and customer research using evidence-based approaches.
- Identifies and clearly communicates customer problems and value propositions that are both urgent and pervasive and that people are willing to pay to solve.
- Conducts business analyses to ensure offerings are financially sound.
- Proposes innovative and new products or solutions that leverage the organization's distinctive competence, capitalize on existing opportunities and unlock new opportunities through build/buy/partner analyses.
- Identifies competitive alternatives in the market, collaboratively with other functions at Tripwire.
- Reviews and communicates internally competitors# approaches, successes and strengths and weaknesses.
- Works collaboratively inside product teams to achieve market awareness, customer acquisition, activation and retention.
- Evangelizes product offerings, especially to enable early commercial wins on new product introduction.
- Advocates for the product roadmap and effectively communicates product strategy.
- Drives revenue through creative distribution, pricing and positioning.
- Serves as internal expert for specific markets and product offerings.
- Builds strong internal relationships with Sales personnel, Corporate Marketing and Product Marketing.
- Collaborates with Technical Product Managers, UX and Engineering regarding product offerings that deliver on market requirements.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of opportunity proposals, business cases(go/no-go), product roadmaps and for contributing to the corporate marketing plans.
Required Skills and Experience
A successful Strategic Product Manager at Tripwire will have a variety of different backgrounds and skills.
The successful applicant to this role will have the following qualifications:
- Applicable industry experience in one of more of the following: IT-security, InfoSec and/or operations, software development, industrial control systems.
- Experience working with cloud-based SaaS solutions and acquisition, activation and retention in this mode of delivering software to customers.
- Passion for creating awesome products that customers love to use.
- Technical aptitude to pick up on new and complex concepts.
- Ability to context switch and handle high cognitive load.
- High degree of organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex situations, customer negotiations and/or influence/persuade others.
- Proven ability to self-manage and drive results; organize, prioritize, time manage and focus.
- Experience working on or around a commercial software development team; utilizing Agile software development practices, is a plus.
- Experience in a product management role such as a technical product manager, product manager, product owner, business analyst, or relevant transferable professional experience is highly valued.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others.
- Decision-making ability (make hard tradeoffs)
- Authorization to work in the US. No visa sponsorships.
Desirable (not required):
- Typically a Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent demonstrated experience in an applicable field.
- People management skills/experience
- Software engineering background
- Experience utilizing Agile software development practices
- Experience with DevOps and/or DevSecOps
- Entrepreneurial spirit
An applicable track record of 3+ years in product management is needed in combination with 5+ years of related experience. A university degree is desirable, but not required considering career experience.
At Tripwire our culture is one where you perform at your best, where you trust your teammates, and where work doesn't feel so much like work. We recognize and appreciate the contribution of all our employees. We value customer service, working with teams and thriving in an environment of continuous change. We play to win!
Tripwire provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions or any other condition of employment or career development.