Janitor, FAA, GSA or Tinker AFB - AbilityOne
Responsible for the overall cleaning and appearance of assigned areas on a daily basis, following the specifications of the current contract.
JOBSITE: FAA, GSA or Tinker AFB
WAGES: $15.00 per hour
- On-the-Job Training
- Competitive Wages
- Sick/Personal Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation - Two (2) weeks paid vacation after 1 year of service.
- Health Insurance provided at no cost for full-time and part-time employees
Experience in janitorial service or completion of a certified janitorial program is preferred, but not required.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Must be able to pass background checks that are required to enter work site and any other background check agency deems necessary.
- Must meet badge requirements for all assigned buildings.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance
- Must be able to work independently
- The following physical requirements are necessary to meet this job description:
- Standing up to 8 hours
- Able to move maximum weight of 50 pounds vertically*
- Able to move maximum weight of 25 pounds horizontally*
- Able to move above described weights a maximum distance of 100 feet*
- The position requires standing, walking, twisting, reaching, bending, crouching, and kneeling. May also grasp, push, pull, drag and move equipment and other items.
- Must have mobility, vision, and dexterity levels, appropriate to the duties to be performed
*NOTE: Employee will be coached for failure to adhere to the maximum weight or for non-use of required safety equipment.
Working hours vary according to availability of shifts.
This position is non-exempt and receives overtime pay at one and one half times the regular rate of pay for all hours worked over 40 hours in a workweek beginning Saturday 12:00am through Friday midnight.
Chemicals exposed to include:
- Bowl cleaner
- Stainless Steel Polish
- Floor cleaner
- High Speed Finish
- Chrome and porcelain
- Sealer Finish
- Neutral cleaner
- Glass cleaner
- Carpet spot remover
- Enzyme Odor neutralizer
ABILITY ONE POSITION
This position is specifically set-aside to employ a person with a disability.
Documentation of a disability is required. A written report/letter signed by a licensed physician, psychiatrist, or qualified psychologist must be provided on letterhead with the address. The report/letter must provide the nature and extent of the person’s disability, be dated and signed by the professional, and include his/her credentials.
Any disabling condition(s) may be considered as long as it meets all areas of qualification. Types of qualifying disabilities include:
Traumatic Brain Injury, Intellectual Disability, Autism, Learning Disability, Mental Illness, Epilepsy/Seizure Disorder, Hearing Impairment, Visual Impairment/Blindness, Physical Disability and Medical Conditions which also limit ability to maintain employment.
You can submit an application online today, or print an application to fill out by hand and mail or fax to DRTC.
2501 N. Utah Ave. Oklahoma City, OK 73107
Phone: (405) 946-4489
Fax: (405) 943-9710
Video Phone #: (405) 445-7314
DRTC is an EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer