Team Leaders in Anoka, MN!
Ensure uninterrupted production flow in assigned process. Provide problem support and coaching / on-the-job training to employees to ensure the day-to-day business unit department goals are being met. Communicate with a variety of support resources to resolve problems.
- Provide backup to the Production Supervisor
- Support the production process by filling in positions on the line when necessary to maintain the flow of work when absences occur (Vacation, PTO, Restroom breaks, etc.).
- Knowledge of Lean principles in order to lead and participate in Kaizen events
- Be a change agent and drive out waste throughout department through the deployment of the Lean methodology
- Able to enforce company and department policy
- Operate a variety of equipment applicable within assigned area (i.e., CRTs, forklifts, etc.).
- Execute and coordinate employee training to ensure that procedures are followed and meet all quality requirements.
- Coordinate the timely and accurate movement of material into, within and out of assigned work area as needed.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture by involving employees in problem solving and decision making as well as recognizing them for exceptional work.
- May be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or G.E.D
- 3-5 years production work experience preferred.
- Computer experience with Windows Word, Excel, Outlook, JD Edwards and the Internet.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of all operations of the assigned production process required
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures, and ability to promote compliance with them.
- Skill in analytical thinking and problem solving
- Skill in communicating effectively through oral and written communications
- Skill in following detailed assembly instructions, processes and procedures.
- Ability to communicate job expectations to production staff and achieving desired results by monitoring, coaching, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Ability to achieve high productivity by reliable and punctual attendance and reporting any tardiness, attendance issues and disciplinary issues to the Production Supervisor.
- Ability to conduct operator training on standard work to include: work instructions, machine adjustments, product quality, company and value stream policies and procedures as required.
- Ability to identify and support continuous improvement efforts with the Production Supervisor.
- Ability to sustain and drive lean manufacturing and 5S activities
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business circumstance and have the ability to thrive in a constantly changing business environment.
Pentair Equipment Protection Employee Core Values: All employees must adhere to the following core values: customer first, accountability for performance, innovation and adaptability, positive energy, respect and teamwork, absolute integrity