Company Apply Now
Applied Manufacturing Technologies (AMT) is a systems integrator and turnkey controls solutions provider. We’re in aerospace, alternative energy, food and beverage, rubber and plastics, automotive, material handling, error proofing, and pretty much anywhere automation is used.
As a member of the AMT Team you can expect:
- Excellent medical benefits including vision and dental coverage
- 401(k) with company match and option for ROTH
- Company-paid Long Term Disability insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid vacation/personal time off
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities to be exposed to new industries and applications
The primary focus of this role involves the programming and debugging of robotic systems (robots & PLCs). Specific competence in robotic material handling, machine tending, and vision-guided robotics is highly desirable.
- Support installations of Robotic Automated Systems.
- Knowledge of FANUC, ABB, Kuka, or Motoman desired
- Startup, Debug and Production support involving robots and electromechanical systems.
- Manage technical solutions to minimize costs while maintaining reliability.
- Provide industry-specific application knowledge and direction.
- Review requirements and design specifications.
- Maintain customer Specifications and log deviations
- Provide support for product development.
- Develop tools and integration strategies to increase effectiveness and lower cost.
- Investigate and suggest process and technology enhancements.
- PLC/HMI programming experience with an emphasis on Rockwell, and Siemens controllers. Functional experience programming VFD’s and Servo controllers.
- Familiar with GM, Ford, and FCA standards and specifications.
- Advanced knowledge of automation and robotic systems applications. Specifically, material handling, machine tending, and vision-guided robotics applications.
- Ability to travel about 40% to customers' sites. We are based in Orion Michigan. Project-based travel may require out-of-state work at a customer site for months at a time returning home every other weekend with generous per-diem. Past projects have included customers in Colorado, upstate New York, and various locations across the U.S.
Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience in automation projects, installation, design, programming, coding, OR Associates Degree and 5 years of experience in automation projects, installation, design, programming, coding, OR High School Diploma or GED and 7years of experience in automation projects, installation, design, programming, coding.
Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for AMT in the US.