Lake Fee Collector/Compliance, Lakes - 3246
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The fundamental purpose of this position is to issue and verify permits for lake usage to the general public; perform dock unit and dock unit space inspections for compliance with all applicable City and International Codes and enforcement of same; participate in office support functions in support of the department’s goals and objectives; to ensure public facilities are clean and in good working order; and to provide information and assistance to the public regarding departmental policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Issues various permits for lake usage and camping.
- Collect, record and input, via computer, monies received for permits.
- Collect fees, issue annual space permits and maintain all records of space permits and dock unit permits.
- Answer questions regarding lake policies; respond to inquiries from employees, citizens and others and refers, when necessary, to appropriate person.
- Enforces all camping rules and regulations as well as dock unit related codes; including International Residential Code, International Existing Property Code and City Code including but not limited to, Article 19-5- Buildings in Lake Areas.
- Inspects and re-inspects, as required, to insure compliance with aforementioned codes.
- Meets and consults with permit holders to review and explain code requirements and violations or potential violations; secures code compliance.
- Gathers and preserves evidence of violations.
- Drafts and distributes a variety of correspondence, memoranda, notices, flyers, brochures and reports relating to code enforcement issues and actions.
- Provides information to persons who request information or assistance in code enforcement related matters.
- Maintains a variety of logs and records related to inspection and enforcement activities; prepares recommendations for amendments and additions to codes or regulations, which relate to the position.
- Assists in obtaining, enhancing, preparing or presenting exhibits or other evidence in court as required.
- Observe all lake activities and report unusual situations to Lake Patrol or supervisor.
- Other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job satisfactorily, the individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED and two (2) years experience preferred related to inspection, code enforcement, law enforcement, building inspection, public administration, or other closely related field; general office practices and or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A valid Oklahoma driver’s license or the ability to obtain one prior to employment.
- Knowledge of code enforcement principles, practices and methods as applicable to a municipal setting. Working knowledge of applicable laws, standards and regulations working knowledge of inspection techniques.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and the application thereof.
- Working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, bookkeeping principles and practices; Business English, spelling and arithmetic.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and effectively deal with difficult or angry people.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with citizens, employees, supervisors, owners and the general public.
- Proficient in MS Office Skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Software.
- Nationally recognized certification in property maintenance and housing inspection or the ability to obtain one within twelve (12) months of employment.
City of Lawton Lakes Headquarters and public lands associated there with.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS ON THE POSITION:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of the job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects or controls and reach with hands and arms. Near vision enough to read and review finely printed material is required. Hearing enough to understand and communicate in person and telephone. Speech and communicate clearly and distinctly in person and by telephone.
ESSENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee daily works in outside weather conditions. The employee is often exposed to inclement weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, and moderately loud when in the field.
The personal contacts are typically with individuals or groups that have, or could have, some impact on program or policy matters. The purpose of the contacts is to plan and coordinate work efforts; provide input and advice, and resolve problems by influencing and motivating.
The employee is supervised by the Lakes Supervisor.
First Application Review:
The first application review date will commence on July 13, 2020. All application submitted after that date will be placed in a separate folder awaiting the outcome of the initial review. Should none of the original applicants be selected, the second set will be available for review.
This position is a “safety sensitive” position as defined by the US DOT drug and alcohol testing regulations, the Oklahoma Standards for Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Act and/or Oklahoma Medical Marijuana laws. The “safety sensitive” positions in the following categories may be subject to periodic random drug testing pursuant to City of Lawton Administrative Policy 3-02: Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana. The categories listed are inclusive of City of Lawton jobs only.
- Police Officers or Peace Officers;
- Employees authorized to carry firearms;
- Employees with drug interdiction responsibilities;
- Employees that work in direct contact with inmates;
- Employees engaged in activities which directly affect the safety of others.
The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Online Only via Email - Adobe PDF
Note: You need to have the latest version of Adobe Reader Installed on your device to complete the application.
- Once you complete the application, make sure you SAVE the application to your computer before you email it to email@example.com.
- If you do not SAVE the application first it will be delivered as a blank form.
- We are only accepting digital applications at this time.