Credit Analyst in Kansas City, MO
Foley Equipment’s Credit Analyst is responsible for managing customer credit requests, credit exposure limits, collections of past due balances, resolve customer billing problems, and minimize credit losses. Analyze customer financial condition and authorize customer credit lines to minimize bad debt risk and maximize accounts receivable collections. Manage customer accounts.
What you will do in this job:
- Review and evaluate new and existing customer’s credit worthiness and collectability risk and modify terms as needed.
- Review financial information, from approved sources to evaluate and establish credit limits.
- Consistently monitor the AR Aging report to determine potential payment issues and promptly follow up for resolution, to maximize profitability and minimize bad debt expense.
- Research customer questions and navigate disputes, negotiate, if needed, to reach resolution while preserving the customer relationship.
- Examine the cause of customer complaints and elevate findings, to in order to evaluate and develop improvements in communication and/or processes for the department.
- Recognize deteriorating credit situations and make recommendations regarding bad debt or write-offs.
- Collaborate with internal customers to resolve disputes and eliminate the root cause of issues.
- Cultivate positive relationships with the credit team, sales, parts, service and rental teams.
- Market, train, counsel, advise, and communicate credit department policy and procedures to Company personnel.
- Participate in major department projects and take an active role in driving quality improvements, processes, and initiatives.
- Maintain accurate credit files and collection files.
- Conduct collection calls as warranted.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate
- High school diploma, 2-4 years college degree in Business, Finance and/or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of collective experience in accounting, credit and collections.
What will put you ahead:
- Knowledge of UCC Article 9, Mechanic lien laws and US Bankruptcy laws preferred. Interpretation of financial statements from a lending perspective. Experience with AS400 and Coda preferred.
Who We Are
Foley Industries - Foley Equipment, Foley Power Solutions, Foley Rental and SITECH Central – enters its ninth decade of empowering progress for customers in Kansas and Western Missouri. Foley’s 1,000+ employees strive every day to safely deliver excellence in service, parts, rental and sales across a broad line of Caterpillar and allied construction equipment, power generation, as well as SITECH construction technology solutions. For more information, please visit www.FoleyEq.com.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with matching
- Full insurance benefits
- Holiday, PTO, Parental Leave
- Family owned company where you’re more than just another employee
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. To request a reasonable accommodation or assistance in completing the application, call 316-529-5810 or email email@example.com.