Mold Maintenance - 1st Shift
Under general supervision performs skilled work involving the use of acetylene welding and AC or DC electric welding to repair and/or manufacture company equipment as directed by immediate Supervisor.
• Ensure all molds are ready for production (i. e. burn off excess plastics, replace stripped nuts, sandblast, etc.) as needed and as applicable.
• Repair all molds (i.e. weld broken flanges, pound out dents, clean vents, grind welds, etc.) as required.
• Make modifications to molds (i.e. add or remove screening, etc.) as directed.
• Build and/or remodel equipment (i..e. carts, racks, etc.) as required for all departments.
• Perform and assist with other related work as required. (i. e. machine maintenance, physical plant maintenance, etc.).
• There may be times when a temporary work assignment is required to meet the requirements of the department. Work assignments will be made at the discretion of Management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Previous knowledge in the safe operation of welding equipment, welding procedures and techniques and simple hand tools (i. e. hammers, drill, etc.).
• A high school diploma or GED equivalent with at least 2 years of manufacturing welding experience; welding degree preferred.
• Must be able to weld various types of materials (i. e. aluminum, stainless steel, carbon steel, etc.) with MIG, TIG or stick welding equipment in addition to using an oxy-acetylene torch and plasma cutter through previous experience or future training and education.
• Able to read and work from blueprints and follow detailed and specific instructions.
• Current welding degree preferred or enrollment into welding courses within 90 days of acceptance.
• This position requires an above average degree of manual skills (i. e. using hand tools, welding, burning, grinding etc.) as well as a moderate degree of physical effort.
• This position frequently lifts or moves material weighing 25 lbs. to 60 lbs. and occasionally lifts or moves material weighing up to 75 lbs. in difficult work positions.
Fair to somewhat undesirable working conditions. May be exposed to heat, noise, fumes and other elements to the point of being undesirable.
This position reports to the Plant Manager.