Rental General Sales Manager (Ability to be based out of Wichita, Kansas City, or Topeka)
The Rental General Sales Manager will be responsible for all management of all facets of rental sales.
- Determine and implement appropriate management and governance structures to execute strategy profitably in the short and long-term and to compete effectively in the current and future market
- Regularly identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in the market, specifically with competitors. Identify and exploit new market opportunities
- Set and manage realistic revenue forecasts. Create an annual plan to include objectives and goals, annual budget and capital expenditure requests
- Drive customer satisfaction and increased customer loyalty through proactive communications and follow up with customers to identify their needs and diligently work to ensure customer problems are resolved quickly
- Direct and guide employees towards achievement of Company objectives and goals. Develop and motivate high performers; improve or remove low performers
- Provide information and input in regards to fleet inventories to ensure profitability and meet customer demand
- Direct the development of the rental-marketing plan and assist with sales forecasts
- Oversee the rental operations consistency and customer experience at multiple locations
- Direct the development and implementation of rental coordination and rental sales policies
- Prepare and manage budgets; manage and monitor all expenses and approve/disapprove rental sales managers and departmental expenses
- Manage rental sales manager performance on the following (this is not an exhaustive list): employee behaviors, attitude, technique, territory and opportunity coverage, profitability, sales volume, account coverage, new account generation, CRM use, overall performance, etc.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 3 years prior sales management experience. Prefer experience in heavy equipment sales management or rental sales management
- Experience with profit and loss responsivity
- Ability to write and prepare sales materials, reports, correspondence, etc.
- Familiarity with rental equipment market, its uses, and industry needs.
- Strong knowledge of construction industry.
- Familiarity with forecasting, ordering, inventories control and terms management. Excellent customer relations skills.
- Ability to positively motivate, manage, and develop employees
- Excellent customer relations and communication skills, ability to maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and customers
- Strong computer and MS Office skills
What will put you ahead:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred
Who We Are
Foley Industries and its subsidiaries Foley Equipment, Foley Power Solutions, Foley Rental and SITECH Central have proudly served and represented Caterpillar for nearly 80 years. Committed to customer success across Kansas and Western Missouri, Foley strives every day to deliver excellence across the full range of equipment and power generation sales, rental, service, and technology solutions. With 1,000 employees in 15 cities, we are dedicated to being Your First Choice. For more information, please visit www.FoleyEq.com.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with matching
- Full insurance benefits
- Holiday, PTO, and Parental Leave
- Family owned company where you’re more than just another employee
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity