Heavy Equipment Shop Technicians
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is seeking 1st shift Heavy Equipment Shop Technicians for our Annapolis Junction, Maryland location. These positions responsible for diagnosing problems, performing repairs, reconditioning and servicing heavy equipment and components in a shop environment. Seeking candidates with previous Caterpillar or related heavy equipment service experience, military diesel experience or completion of a diesel school program.
• Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills; able to accurately diagnose and repair equipment.
• Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
• Candidates should possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to write service reports that accurately document diagnosis and repairs performed. Must prepare required documentation including work orders, parts lists, and time cards in an accurate and timely manner.
• Able to read and understand operating manuals.
• Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. These positions require repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug free workplace.
Qualified candidates may submit a confidential application at https://jobs.silkroad.com/CarterMachinery/Careers/jobs/1425.