Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is seeking a Service Assistant for our Elkridge, Maryland location. This job is responsible for supporting the service department in all administrative duties. Primary duties include opening and closing of work orders, sourcing and ordering outside work and materials, ensuring all charges are added to work orders, parts ordering and returns and assist with scheduling. Seeking candidates with strong administrative and computer skills/proficiency. Must be highly motivated and able to process a high volume of paperwork and computer tasks.
• Strong work ethic and the ability to work with limited supervision.
• Detail oriented and able to follow a clear process daily.
• Excellent communication and telephone skills are required.
• Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Products is required for frequent, accurate, and efficient use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug free workplace.
Qualified candidates may submit a confidential application at https://jobs.silkroad.com/CarterMachinery/Careers/jobs/1434.