Company Apply Now
LOCATION: LaCrosse, WI
REPORTS TO: Exhaust Supervisor
1st & 2nd Shifts Available - Starting pay is $18.
2nd shift receives a 7.5% shift premium, making the hourly rate for 2nd shift $19.35
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing all hand polishing/buffing operations on products using abrasive belts, buffs, compounds, and greases to attain the required cosmetic and blueprints specifications on the product.
- Thoroughly understand and adhere to the department goals, objectives, and strategy
- Present and maintain positive morale amongst employees
- Grinds, buffs and finishes parts and materials
- Demonstrated use of hand tools and powered hand tools such as sanders, grinders, etc.
- Use of manual fixtures / belters
- Observe and inspect parts to ensure specifications are met
- 1+ year(s) of experience in belting, polishing and buffing of various shaped steel, aluminum and stainless steel parts
- Experience with working on back stands and other belting machines
- Clear understanding of different finishes and use of belts and buffs to produce various finishes
- Flexible, energetic, forward-thinking, and creative with high moral and ethical standards
- Well organized and self-directed
- Experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Able to relate to people at all levels of the organization in a positive fashion
PHYSICAL AND PPE REQUIREMENTS:
Employee is regularly required to:
- Use hands to manipulate objects, tools, or controls
- Talk and hear
- Walk, stoop, crouch and bend
- Reach above shoulders
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
- Must comply with safety equipment standards; safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toed shoes
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected