Mortgage Consultant Assistant
A Mortgage Consultant Assistant works directly under the supervision and guidance of a Mortgage Consultant(s). This position is responsible for managing the communication between parties involved in the loan process and providing administrative support to the Mortgage Consultant. This position requires the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Essential/Primary Job Functions:
- Provide administrative support in the collection and preparation of submitting loan application with supporting documentation to processing.
- Communicate with borrowers, processors, operations staff, closing attorneys, title companies, real estate brokers, etc. in an effort to expedite mortgage process.
- Communicate daily with Mortgage Consultant(s) on the status of loans.
- Assist processor with any difficult conditions.
- Answer customer inquiries relating to locked status, and loan application status to ensure quality customer service.
- Coordinate, create, track and distribute marketing materials.
Job Requirements for Essential/Primary Job Functions:
NMLS License required
Knowledge of FHA, FNMA, FHLMC guidelines
Familiarity with loan originator software (Encompass)
Complete comprehension of mortgage underwriting and closing processes
Candidate must be able to work independently in a fast paced environment
Must have effective written and oral communication skills
Proficient using Microsoft Office
High School education or general education degree (GED)
2-5 years of Mortgage experience