Carson, California, United States
Dermalogica's Research & Development department is looking for a bright, talented individual to join our R&D department as a Stability Chemist. In this role, you will design, execute, and manage stability and packaging compatibility studies for all new formulas and reformulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update project status and data analysis of stability studies to the formulation chemists on a weekly basis.
- Actively reviewing stability data with Chemists to ensure proper testing and reporting to perform root cause analysis; Manage complex issues and formula problems to support team success.
- Analyze stability and package compatibility samples including color, odor, texture, pH, viscosity, total plate count of microbial analysis, and active degradation of formulas for data trend analysis and stability data behavior, as well as, conduct light (UV, florescent) degradation test, etc.
- Contribute in major stability investigations when deviations, out of specifications, and cross-functional problems arise during or after production of products.
- Alert R&D team and packaging engineers on issues relating to components and evaluate remedial actions to provide innovative solutions.
- Perform technical review of data and interpret data on tested components for the packaging engineers including bottles, tubes, pumps, and foils, etc.
- Finalize confidential and in-depth stability and compatibility reports with interpreted data and conclusion to Head of Research and development, regulatory, and contract manufacturers.
- Generate, update, and manage SOPs related to stability testing to comply with good laboratory practice, company directives, and regulations.
- Collaborate with the Formulating Chemists to train and learn about product formulation raw materials.
- Prepare bulk to conduct stability and compatibility studies under the supervision of the Senior Formulation Chemists.
- Assist Quality Control in bulk sample submissions from the contract manufacturers in the evaluation of color, application, odor, and irritancy along with pH, viscosity, and solid percentage and providing COA's and approval dates to Diamond wipes/Mixpack prior to filling samples.
- Collaborate with Quality Control/Assurance to perform real-time stability testing in order to retrieve data to confirm pre-production stability results.
- Update stability status in Wrike platform for in processing of stability testing
- Perform laboratory housekeeping duties and equipment calibration including water bath, pH meter, water system monitoring, and viscometer to ensure accuracy of measurements.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemist, Biochemistry, Biology, or closely related scientific discipline is required
- Minimum 1 year of related experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proactive and results-oriented
- Must be very meticulous and have strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet targeted deadlines
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Apply now and become a team member for a company that provides competitive salaries, outstanding benefits including Health Benefits, Monthly Product Allowances, Profit Sharing, Annual Fitness Reimbursement, Domestic Partner Benefits, 401(k) Matching, not to mention a host of other perks!
To be considered for this role, please click on "Apply Now" and include your resume. Please know that all applications are reviewed for consideration. A member of the Human Resources team will contact you if your experience and skills are a match for the position.
Dermalogica is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion.