Sr Project Manager
Company Apply Now
Our client is seeking a Sr Project Manager to manage the planning and implementation of a statewide IT replacement project. This lead project management role will work with multiple internal and external stakeholders and selected vendor(s) to analyze, plan and replace existing system.
This position will be responsible for working with senior-level business executives, IT personnel, business program resources and Vendor staff to execute project requirements and manage stakeholder expectations. This position will manage the day to day activities for the project and complete all input to the State Project Management (Touchdown) system as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Developing and maintaining detailed project schedule
o Working with the legacy system vendor and the selected vendor to develop comprehensive schedule and manage transition
o Work with Environment Quality Department Project Manager to coordinate implementation schedule across agencies
o Work with business owners and Agencies to get their input on the rollout schedule
• Ensuring that budget and funding are defined and track, monitor and manage expenditures
• Developing and maintaining all required project management artifacts following the client's PMBOK guidelines
• Working with vendors to manage contract deliverables, oversee all vendor activities to ensure that all the milestones are met
• Establishing project governance, conducting formal presentations, coordinating with all project stakeholders and ensure that appropriate project controls are instituted
• Serving as an IT project liaison to the business client
• Working with business stakeholders to develop necessary project management, change management rollout and training plans
• Working with the technical team to ensure technical readiness during implementation
The selected candidate must be a results-oriented individual with a very strong work ethic and must be able to demonstrate excellent IT Project Management, negotiation, communication and problem-solving skills.
• Capable of leading effective project meetings that are tailored to the audience
• Ability to create complex project plans, timelines and work breakdown structures using project management tools
• Ability to write and present effective project materials, including presentations and status reports
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, clients and other IT personnel.
• Ability to effectively identify and resolve system or business process/project issues.
• Ability to build, influence, lead and motivate effective teams towards end results.
• Strong analytical skills.
Management prefers applicants with the following:
• Candidate with PMP Certification
• Experience managing or supervising legacy system replacement projects
• Experience collaborating with State and Local Government
• Experience planning and managing data conversion activities
• Experience building rollout plans