IT Help Desk Tier 1 Manager
This role is a blended management role of the Tier I technicians and hands-on Tier 2 technical role in the administration of desktops, servers, printers and applications. The Tier I Manager will be responsible for the management of a Help Desk, which provides front line IT support for all Mortgage end users. The Tier I Manager will be responsible for monitoring and managing service levels, identifying trends, performing root cause analysis and managing the Tier I personnel as well as manage Help Desk resources for optimal performance assuring users are provided efficient and timely first level support. This will consist of managing and scheduling staff for incoming call volume, projects and administrative work including coverage for after-hours support plus monitor Service Desk ticket database and follow up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution of problems. Train, coach and mentor Help Desk staff including career development. Builds/obtain (from other departments) training material for support staff. Additionally, the Tier 1 Manager will be expected to identify opportunities to improve and innovate systems and processes to enhance the support provided.
The hands-on technical role is the escalation point for the Tier I helpdesk staff and additionally is responsible for the administration and support of the desktops, laptops, application maintenance, mobile devices and certain servers. Responsibilities include upgrades, deployment, new user training and break/fix support of hardware systems. They must adhere to policies and procedures of Capital City Home Loans. Also, they must maintain confidentiality of customer and company records.
Essential/Primary Job Functions:
- Oversee, manage and support the Tier I technicians and the Help Desk system.
- Serves as team leader for Help Desk Services and initiatives including planning, development, implementation and maintenance of resources.
- Maintains responsible use of hardware, software, peripheral equipment, tools and test equipment.
- Desktop, Laptop, Printer and mobile device inventory and deployment.
- Voice system support including auto attendant recording and move, add and change requests.
- New Hire training and setup for new employees.
- Provide reporting for Help Desk activity and assist with audit requests.
- Manage projects, vendors and changes to the Capital City Home Loans’ IT systems.
- Participate in the on-call rotation
Job Requirements for Essential/Primary Job Functions:
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Effective decision-making, judgment and problem-solving skills
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate creativity and innovation
- Proficient with Windows 10
- Microsoft Active Directory administration knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of Mortgage environment and applications
- Basic networking knowledge
- 5+ years’ IT support experience in a mortgage or financial institution.