Network Securiry Engineer
Company Apply Now
Heredia, Heredia, Costa Rica
Engineering, Networking, vpn, ccna
- Minimum 4-year experience working as Support Engineer/ Sr. Support Engineer supporting networking or web security products.
- Experience with operating systems such as Linux, Unix, and Free BSD.
- Experience troubleshooting network issues and familiarity with the necessary tools. (Ping, Traceroute, MTR etc)
- Expert knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, FTP, DNS etc
- Working knowledge of Apache and IIS Web Server administration
- Working Knowledge of networking and security products and enterprise Network Infrastructure.
- Network Protocol Analyzers (tcpdump, Wireshark)
- Network Security (SSL/TLS, VPNs, Firewall, IDS/IPS)
- authentication systems such as LDAP, MS AD etc
- VPN technologies such as IPSec and VPN clients
- Scripting knowledge (SHELL, Python, Perl) would be appreciated
Activities to Perform:
- Provide second line phone/email consultation to independently debug complex security/network problems.
- Interface with Engineering and assist the customer with testing or troubleshooting.
- Reproduce customer issues to verify problems and provide feedback to Engineering and Operations teams
- Create entries in our technical support on-line database to accurately document any incident resolution that is not found in our knowledge base.
- Assist in developing on-going training programs for the department.
- Promote a team environment by assisting and contributing to fellow Zscaler employees whenever necessary to enhance the professional development of everyone within the organization.
- Ability to mentor other engineers on advanced troubleshooting, debugging and case management skills.
- Understand the product direction and customer use-cases and provide input on product & code changes through all points of the product cycle.
- Other duties as assigned