Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer for Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Finance Assistant at our Salem, Virginia corporate headquarters. This position is responsible for assisting credit managers in financial merchandising of deals, account investigations/set-ups, credit extension, account collections and other key functions as assigned. Must have proven experience in collections and customer resolution situations. A 4-year college degree is preferred, but equivalent prior work experience in Accounts Receivable, Credit and Collections will be considered.
• Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
• Excellent communication and telephone skills are required.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Products is required for frequent, accurate, and efficient use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including paid vacation, health, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as retirement plan with 401(k) match.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Qualified candidates may submit a confidential application at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CAR1060CRTM/JobBoard/2625b169-13d2-4dbc-a867-a2ef29e59ef2/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=0ae0f855-2392-498a-b30a-00c664a4e733.