Java Application Developer with German
NTT DATA is a leading IT service provider and global innovation partner headquartered in Tokyo, with business operations in over 40 countries. We help develop innovative business and IT solutions for organizations in the public and private sectors. NTT DATA Romania provides development assistance and expert advice to IT service providers, system integrators, software companies and customers across various industries.
It is time to rethink what you expect from your employer
At NTT DATA Romania, we understand you are not just building a career – you are building a life. Our main asset is our people and we believe that our success depends on the opportunities you get to expand your talent. With 119.500 colleagues, business operations in over 50 countries and with many of the Fortune Global 100 among our clients, a career at NTT DATA offers you countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. If you would like to be part of our stellar team, we invite you to apply online today.
By joining us as Java developer you will be responsible for the design, development, and management of Java-based applications. Because Java is used so widely, the daily roles vary widely, but can include owning a particular application or working on several at one time.
We want someone with the core competencies, not necessarily all the cutting-edge technologies. Someone who doesn’t want to reinvent the wheel, but rather use all the open-source Java that’s out there.
What you can expect & what we want you to do
• Designing, implementing, and maintaining Java applications that are often high-volume and low-latency, required for mission-critical systems
• Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
• Delivering high availability and performance
• Writing well-designed, efficient, and testable code
• Conducting software analysis, programming, testing, and debugging
• Managing Java and Java EE application development
• Ensuring designs comply with specifications
• Preparing and producing releases of software components
• Transforming requirements into stipulations
• Support continuous improvement
• Investigating alternatives and technologies
• Preparing End User Documentation and Training
• Identifying other programs that could enhance current systems
What you are good at & what you’ll need to win
• Between 1- and 8-years’ experience in a similar position -- we are looking for various levels of seniority
• Good Knowledge of OOP principles & SOLID principles to write maintainable, clean code
• Good knowledge of editors, debuggers, IDEs, open source alternatives
• Understand kernel mode vs. user mode, multi-threading, synchronization primitives and how they’re implemented, able to read assembly code. Understand how networks work, understanding of network protocols and socket level programming
• Knowledge of distributed VCS systems. You have tried out Bzr/Mercurial/Darcs/Git
• Well versed in one or many of the following standard or enterprise skills: Enterprise Java Bean (EJB) / J2EE frameworks / XML, Xquery, XSL / Linux or Windows Platform / JDBC / Java XML Parsing, Coding / Service Oriented Architecture / I Text for RTF Generation / Java-based Web services / Java Servlet Technology
• Demonstrable experience using relational databases like MySQL and / or non-relational databases (NoSQL, MongoDB). You can do basic database administration, performance optimization, index optimization, write advanced select queries, able to replace cursor usage with relation SQL, understand how data is stored internally, understands how index are stored internally, understands how databases can be mirrored, replicated etc
• Good knowledge of RESTful and JSON for providing and receiving data
• Knowledge of at least one or more frameworks (The most common Java Frameworks used by us are: Spring, Struts, GWT, JSF, Vaadin, Blade, and many more.)
• Knowledge of Build Automation – You Can set up a script to build the basic system.
• Familiar with continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD), and Jenkins’ role in both processes. For senior level developers whose responsibilities often include implementing coding best practices and creating manuals and scripts, a solid knowledge of popular DevOps tools like Docker, Chef, Kubernetes, Maven, and Jenkins is even more critical.
Are you up for the challenge?
This is the opportunity to do something impactful and be part of a company that is revolutionizing the IT industry. And we couldn’t do it without someone like you. So what do you say, will you make the career move of a lifetime? If this sounds interesting, we look forward to receiving your application and meeting you soon!
Join NTT DATA Romania, grow your career and take advantage of our Home Office perks, sponsored certifications, premium Online Library, Relaxation Lounges, fantastic crew and many other benefits!
Should you have any queries or require further information, we are happy to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org . Not the job for you? Perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Send them this link!