Park/General Maintenance Worker III-CDL (10760, Grade HL5)
The successful candidate will perform a variety of maintenance tasks such as playground repairs, turf maintenance, trash removal, athletic field maintenance, trail maintenance, and cleaning and repairing park buildings and structures. The selected candidate should possess skills to operate trucks, tractors with attachments, large riding mowers, loaders, forklifts, have basic trades skills such as carpentry and painting, and will work with a team or independently to ensure parks are safe, clean, and provide for passive and active recreational opportunities for patrons to enjoy.
Examples of Important Duties
- Operation of mid-sized to large equipment to include large mowers, tractors with attachments, backhoe, loader etc.
- Operation of trucks, truck and trailer combinations, snowplows, dump trucks, trash trucks, etc.
- Occasional supervision of park maintenance employees in general park maintenance tasks.
- Ability to perform minor repairs to playgrounds, carpentry, custodial, and preventive maintenance tasks.
- Ability to perform general maintenance to playgrounds, buildings and grounds.
- Responds to emergencies and inclement weather conditions such as hurricanes, blizzards, and earthquakes.
- Athletic field maintenance including operating tractors w/ attachments to rake, drag and grade fields. May also apply pesticides when appropriate.
Date(s): Closes: 3/03/2021