Electric Power Generation Field Service Technician ELECT01656
Company Apply Now
Who We Are:
From Georgia. For Georgia. Since 1914 Yancey Bros. Co. has proudly served as the authorized Caterpillar equipment dealer for Georgia, providing our customers with the highest quality sales, parts and service. From Caterpillar heavy and compact construction equipment to on-highway trucks, we remain committed to learning more about our customers, offering equipment and support to keep up with their changing needs. This all starts with our greatest asset…our employees.
What You Will Be Doing:
As an Electrical Power Generation Field Service Technician, you will be the field service support of our Caterpillar Commercial Product line. Duties will include the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of engine and electrical related systems, Industrial and EPG start-up of generators, transfer switches, UPS, and switchgear systems.
- Provide customer support for on-site facilities through technical evaluations of specific application, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Repair and maintain reciprocal engine based power generation/Industrial Systems throughout the territory.
- Provide guidance, assistance, and training to service technicians and customers as requested.
- Explain and defend warranty decisions; generate and communicate service bulletins to both customers and office personnel.
- Communicate cost, service and reliability issues from Field to office personnel with intent of convincing appropriate departments for cost reduction and design improvements.
- Write full reports on findings from field service events, with clear, concise information.
- Communicate daily clear comprehensive field reports regarding assigned units.
- Represent the Power Systems group in the field.
- Maintain service manuals.
- Perform all work in accordance with established time, quality standards and safety procedures.
- Must be able to obtain a CDL license if required
- Participate in required safety program, and work in a safe manner.
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.
Who We Are Looking For:
To be successful in this position you should have a strong mechanical and electrical aptitude, knowledge of tools applicable to the position and the desire to learn. You should possess a strong sense of urgency and desire to provide superior customer service. The ability to take direction and work in a team environment is essential to this position as well.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Three (3) years of EPG field experience or accepted alternate
- Experience with Diesel and Natural Gas Engines, Electrical Switchgear, Automatic Transfer Switches and Balance of Plant Equipment.
- Good working knowledge of power generation components, power electronics, electronic controls, and fuel systems.
- Microsoft Office Software proficiency
- Able to read electrical schematics and equipment mechanical drawings
- Excellence at managing Customer relationships
- High level of responsiveness, and a strong proactive attitude to problem solving
- Ability and motivation to learn quickly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Desire and aptitude to perform hands-on work.
- EGSA Certification a plus
- Technical Degree or Certification a plus
At Yancey Bros. Co, we are always looking to add people to our team who share our core values:
- Safety: We value the lives and health of our team and customers above all else.
- Integrity: We are ethical and trustworthy, demonstrate respect for others, and communicate truthfully and promptly.
- Teamwork: We work as one across our organization for the benefit of our customers.
- Excellence: We strive to be the best, continuously improving our customers’ experience and the solutions we provide.
- Sense of Urgency: We respond quickly to customer needs and hold ourselves accountable for results.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following values:
- Acting in a safe manner
- Exhibiting honesty and integrity
- Acting in a fair and ethical manner
- Team mentality
- Delivering quality results
- Embraces change / improvement
- Exhibiting superior customer service skills
- Exhibiting pride and ownership
- Working with a sense of urgency
- Exhibiting a winning attitude
What We Offer:
Yancey Bros. Co. offers a full benefits package that includes aggressive compensation levels, technician tool allowances, full medical, vision and dental coverage, employee wellness programs, paid vacations and more.
Competitive Pay Structure
- Competitive Pay
- Individual Bonus Opportunities Available
- Technician Tool Allowance
- 401k Plan Strong Company Match
- Employee Profit Sharing
- Financial Wellness Coaching
Employee Wellness Program
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
Personal Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Ongoing Training
- Advancement Opportunities
Technical/other training or better.
3 years: Electrical Power Generation Technician
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)