Service Supervisor SERVI01655
Company Apply Now
Who We Are:
From Georgia. For Georgia. Since 1914 Yancey Bros. Co. has proudly served as the authorized Caterpillar equipment dealer for Georgia, providing our customers with the highest quality sales, parts and service. From Caterpillar heavy and compact construction equipment to on-highway trucks, we remain committed to learning more about our customers, offering equipment and support to keep up with their changing needs. This all starts with our greatest asset…our employees.
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Heavy Equipment Service Supervisor, you are responsible for the productivity of technicians and satisfaction of service customers. This position is responsible for creating and promoting a safe working environment for technicians and will always make safety the first priority. This supervisor will spend the majority of their time supporting, growing and holding technicians accountable. This person will be expected to own financial performance for their area of responsibility and follow standards to create an efficient and quality service offering. Additionally, the Service Supervisor must address employee and customer concerns quickly to resolve issues. This person will need to be capable of analyzing metrics daily to insure work is flowing in a productive manner and objectives are being met. Lastly, the Service Supervisor is expected to maintain current product knowledge and policy procedure to insure the product is supported as intended by the manufacturer’s warranty guidelines.
- Participate in required safety programs and ensure that all employees complete safety training and work in a safe manner
- Responsible for the daily operations, reviewing profit and loss, staffing, employee development and training, equipment utilization, equipment maintenance and safety regulations
- Support and train employees on Standard Operating Procedures and ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed
- Develop, evaluate and motivate staff. Ensure that a formal evaluation session with each employee is completed annually. Creating developmental/learning plans for each employee. Handle any disciplinary actions in compliance with company policy
- Plan and establish systems to control expenses
- Assist customers in the resolution of complaints regarding parts and service
- Responsible for safety audits, safety training, compliance with State and Federal OSHA, MSHA, EPA and DOT regulations
- Ensure job standards are met, arrange work assignment to cover for vacancies and absences, and keep attendance records
- Supervise daily workflow (workload, resources and equipment processes)
- Oversee/assist in the collection of accounts receivable
- Accountable for monthly reports, including filing all injury reports
- Conduct monthly meetings (safety, financials and current company information)
- Participate in required safety program, and work in a safe manner.
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.
Who We Are Looking For:
To be successful in this position you should have a strong mechanical aptitude and prior supervisory experience. You should possess a strong sense of urgency and desire to provide superior customer service. The ability to provide direction and instruction and work in a team environment is essential to this position as well.
- Specific industry experience or an equivalent degree
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of industry experience
- Prior supervisory experience
- Possess the necessary problem solving skills to meet the needs of our customers and employees
- Excellent people skills with customer service experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
At Yancey Bros. Co, we are always looking to add people to our team who share our core values:
- Safety: We value the lives and health of our team and customers above all else.
- Integrity: We are ethical and trustworthy, demonstrate respect for others, and communicate truthfully and promptly.
- Teamwork: We work as one across our organization for the benefit of our customers.
- Excellence: We strive to be the best, continuously improving our customers’ experience and the solutions we provide.
- Sense of Urgency: We respond quickly to customer needs and hold ourselves accountable for results.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following values:
- Acting in a safe manner
- Exhibiting honesty and integrity
- Acting in a fair and ethical manner
- Team mentality
- Delivering quality results
- Embraces change / improvement
- Exhibiting superior customer service skills
- Exhibiting pride and ownership
- Working with a sense of urgency
- Exhibiting a winning attitude
What We Offer:
Yancey Bros Co offers a full benefits package that includes aggressive compensation levels, technician tool allowances, full medical, vision and dental coverage, employee wellness programs, paid vacations and more.
Competitive Pay Structure
- Competitive Pay
- Individual Bonus Opportunities Available
- Technician Tool Allowance
- 401k Plan Strong Company Match
- Employee Profit Sharing
- Financial Wellness Coaching
Employee Wellness Program
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
Personal Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Ongoing Training
- Advancement Opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)