Senior Accountant - 107435
Company Apply Now
Our client is seeking to employ a highly qualified candidate for the position of Senior Accountant. This candidate will support the financial management and operations of the company through maintenance of accounting records and reports, ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial practices (FASB). Candidate will perform accounting duties of advanced complexity in accordance with standard procedures and under minimum supervision.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the Electronic Services Office (ESO) team for daily work such as ACH, bill pay, share drafts, plastic card, exceptions, and fraud.
- Serve as the Courtesy Pay Administrator responsible for (a) the charge off and recovery entries and reporting related to shares, (b) interaction with the third-party collections agency, and (c) informing the CFO of actual and potential future losses due to charge offs.
- Serve as the primary backup to the Controller in the data compilation and accurate entry of the quarterly NCUA Call Report.
- Maintain complete, current, and accurate records of the investment portfolio, process investment payments, coordinate settlement of investment purchases, sales, calls and maturities.
- Administer accounts payable function, maintain assigned subsidiary schedules such as fixed assets, accruals, prepaid items, assist with the annual Escheat process, and prepare the Regulation D report.
- In conjunction with the Controller, support the Commercial Loan team via back office processing such as loan reporting, wire and payment processing, and account reconciliation.
- Process daily general ledger entries.
- Process IRS, Domestic Relations, and other levies.
- Reconcile bank accounts, makes recommendations for streamlining and enhancing the statement reconciliation process when necessary.
- Research problems or questions from customers, clearinghouses, and correspondents.
- Verify accuracy, completeness, and consistency of daily file maintenance transactions.
- Assist with and compile segments of (a) monthly closings, (b) monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, and (c) year-end budget projections.
- Assist Controller with annual broker due diligence.
- Maintain procedures, as necessary.
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience - Five to ten years of similar or related experience
Education - (1) A bachelor's degree, or (2) achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry as equivalent to a bachelor's degree (e.g., information technology certifications in lieu of a degree).
Interpersonal Skills - Work involves contact with persons beyond immediate associates regarding routine matters for the purpose of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (customers or vendors), requiring ordinary courtesy in providing assistance and information.
Other Skills - Extensive working knowledge of accounting and related software programs and spreadsheets required. Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance, or industry recognized equivalent (i.e., Certified Management Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor)
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume (must be in .doc, .docx or .pdf format)