Park Police Training Coordinator
The Maryland-National Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC), a six-time National Recreational and Parks Association Gold Medal Award Winner, is seeking a highly motivated, and forward-thinking Training Coordinator to work with the Montgomery County Department of Parks, Park Police Division in Silver Spring, MD.
- Plan, organize, and implement various aspects of training for new and existing staff. Develop and implement Commission-wide law enforcement training programs for the Park Police (Montgomery and Prince George’s County).
- Facilitate learning through a wide variety of delivery methods including classroom instruction, virtual training, just in time training, and on the job coaching.
- Identify internal and external training opportunities based on best practices for various topics including customer service, tactical operations, social/emotional intelligence, cultural competency, leadership, and employee wellness.
- Serve as a liaison with Federal, State, and Local stakeholders on regional joint training initiatives. Work with subject matter experts to design instruction and develop training visual aids, manuals, handbooks, and reference resources.
- Design assessment tools to measure training effectiveness. Analyze assessment results and design benchmarks and recommendations for future training effectiveness.
Important Skills and Characteristics
- Knowledge of instruction design/training, training methodology, and adult instructional/learning principles and theories.
- Knowledge of computers, audio-visual equipment, and other training-related technical equipment.
- Knowledge of reputable training resources, practitioners, providers, and institutions.
- Experience with employee development, succession planning, apprenticeship development, and other related techniques.
- Effective organizational skills for both short-term and long-term initiatives.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Finance, Business or any related field.
2. Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in human resource management,
finance or any other related field of business administration.
3. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted, which together total 6 years.