Company Apply Now
Maintain, repair and sharpen tools, dies, transfer units, and molds used in the forming of material specializing in the operation of machine tools, jig bore grinders, surface grinders, lathes, mills and shapers.
Set up machine tools used in the tool room (high degree of accuracy required.)
- Changes internal die parts to produce new part numbers.
- Repair and sharpen dies, jigs fixtures and transfer units as directed by supervisor.
- Troubleshoot problems dies, jigs fixtures and transfer units.
- Interpret blueprints and other written specifications.
- Comply with all safety standards: Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Equipment Safety Analysis (ESA) and Area Safety Analysis (ASA).
- Communicate with supervisor on tooling problems and supply requirements.
- Clean machine tools after use.
- Ensure that job is run in environmental compliance after instructions from supervisor/environmental group.
- Use a variety of precision measuring instruments.
- Select proper coolants and cutting oils for the work being performed.
- Perform routine housekeeping in work area(s) as necessary.
- And other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience Required
Certificate of Completion of Apprenticeship (Journeyman Card or 10 years experience with one (1) year schooling in Apprenticeship program
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Ability to read blueprints
- Working knowledge of tools used in the tool room
- Oral and written communication skills
Work overtime as required
- Must be able to work in many awkward positions due to tools being in press in many cases
- Work under pressures of meeting schedules
- Lift up to 50 lbs. on a non-repetitive nature
- Requires standing, walking and/or moving about for periods of time in excess of one (1) hour
- Perform position requirements while wearing eye, ear, foot and/or other protective devices as required