Company Apply Now
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers for multiple areas of production. Area of focus is Fabrication, Weld, and Paint. Organizes and maintains production schedules and coordinates flow of material and labor through the department. Ensures department meets and exceeds established safety standards
Essential Functions of the Job:
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities to include hiring/training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and discipline employees; addressing complaints and resolving concerns.
Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency. Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists employees in solving work-related problems.
Determines staffing levels and manpower schedules based on workload and knowledge of products and material.
Coordinates with production planning and purchasing to achieve production schedule in line with productivity and efficiency goals.
Daily reporting of production status to the management team during production meeting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Good team building skills; able to problem solve, persuade and motivate.
Good coordination skills, able to plan, prioritize and organize. Recognize and make timely corrections in a rapidly changing environment to keep assembly on track and effective.
Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines/production schedules.
Excellent time management skills handling multiple priorities on a daily basis.
Must be able to provide hands on technical support in a production environment.
Working knowledge of the Microsoft suite.
Working knowledge of the JDE manufacturing modules is a plus.
- Leading Change/Change Management - Balance change and continually strive to improve business performance
- Leading People/Teamwork - Design and implement strategies that maximize employee's potential and foster high ethical standards
- Communication - Explain, advocate and express facts and ideas in a convincing manner and negotiate with individuals and groups
- Business Acumen - Understand and interprets business metrics and utilizes latest business strategies to focus on outcomes and create opportunities for success
- Results Driven/Process - Make timely and effective decisions and produce results through planning and implementation of processes, systems, and programs; stressing accountability and continuous improvement
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED certificate required. College degree or Technical School preferred. Minimum 5 years previous supervisory experience preferable in heavy equipment industry.
Experience in Fabrication or Welding.