Human Resources Business Partner (11017, Grade 22)
- Are you highly organized with a keen eye for the details?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with a team to support your unit?
- Are you creative and intuitive in your approach to people and customer service?
- Do you enjoy using technology to seek out efficiencies?
If this sounds like you, The Montgomery County Department of Parks- Southern Parks Division is the place you want to be! We are currently seeking a motivated, highly organized, and professional Human Resources Business Partner to perform a broad range of administrative and human resources management assignments for the Southern Parks Division. This position reports directly to the Division Chief.
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) is a six-time National Recreational and Parks Association Gold Medal Award Winner. The Montgomery County Department of Parks has a career staff complement of nearly 800 employees, and we serve a diverse population of more than one million residents in the Washington, DC area. We manage 424 parks on over 37,000 acres of parkland. Go to our website to learn more: https://www.montgomeryparks.org/
DIVERSITY STATEMENT: Montgomery County Department of Parks believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success. Montgomery County Parks does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, ideology or status as a Veteran. Applicants who are multilingual are encouraged to apply!
Examples of Important Duties
What the job will involve -Human Resources
- Lead recruitment and hiring efforts from composing job descriptions to onboarding new hires.
- Effectively handle sensitive personnel matters while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Monitor Performance Evaluations, Performance Awards, and coordinate Kronos Payroll.
- Monitor, revise and maintain the Division’s Vacancy Report and statistics.
- Subject Matter Expert on policies, procedures, benefits, payroll, regulations, compliance with Commission protocols and collective bargaining agreements.
- Develop and present training on various topics
- Utilize Excel, SharePoint, OneDrive, and special software utilization skills to organize, record and digitally file all HR documents and data. Analyzes the content and routing of documents.
- Review and process all documents in a highly confidential and organized manner.
- Coordinate with IT and Department HR staff on new or updated document storage software or logistics to ensure systems are up-to-date and operating at an efficient level.
- Using MS Outlook and Teams virtual meeting programs, prioritize, schedule, and organize upcoming meetings, trainings, and events, facilitate professional and consistent communication between the Division, the Parks Department, and the Commission.
- Respond promptly and accurately to internal and external inquires and requests.
- Assist with special assignments, data analysis, research, and communications.
Important Skills and Characteristics
- Collaborative with a strong work ethic, strategic and situational awareness, excellent communication, creative thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with all partners. Proven ability to approach and interact with people of all backgrounds and the ability to think collaboratively with senior members of the organization.
- Ability to work with highly confidential documents and data while ensuring discretion. Proven organizational, coordination, and workload management skills and abilities.
- Superb written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Proficient in up-to-date office software (MS Office), enterprise software and specialized programs for planning, scheduling, communicating, word processing, collecting and reporting data, preparing presentations, researching and document control.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Business Administration, Human Resources or Communications and four (4) years of related experience in Human Resources Management in a large organization.
- Professional Certification in Human Resources Management, or the ability to achieve certification
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and qualify to drive Commission vehicles to locations within Montgomery County.
- Ability to communicate in another language a plus and preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Finance, Business or any related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in Human Resources Management, Finance or any other related field of business administration.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted, which together total 6 years.