Company Apply Now
The sourcing/purchasing manager defines, implements, and executes sourcing products and services from vendors and writes or directs the writing of the corresponding purchase orders. As a build-to-print manufacturer working new and diverse projects, the position interacts with project managers and the manufacturing teams to collaborate on getting products at the best price delivered on time. Lastly, we are not perfect. We seek a leader who can bring best practices and challenge existing processes. The position manages multiple associates and their productivity.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review material requirements for projects and source to appropriate vendors. Where appropriate secure multiple quotes to determine best pricing then negotiate best pricing and delivery to meet a project budget and on time shipment.
- Interact with suppliers, service providers, and/or manufacturers to obtain products or service information including price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Review quotes to ensure all accurate information to include material specifications, delivery terms and pricing.
- Work with internal associates to manage inventory, receipts, capacity, and lead times. When appropriate work to expedite order fulfillment.
- Manage the day to day activity and productivity of buyer(s), sourcing agent(s), receiving clerk(s), and inventory control associate(s).
Reports directly to the General Manager
- Indirectly works with Directors of Manufacturing, Industrial Services, and Construction
- Effective written and verbal communication is a must.
- Organizational and time management
- Problem solving and process management
- Business mindset
3-5 years purchasing experience
- 3-5 years sourcing experience
- 3-5 years management experience, desired
- ERP proficiency
- Strong computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with metal and hardware materials, extremely desirable
- Experience with the relationship between purchasing functions, inventory management, and A/P, extremely desirable