Staff Accountant III in Wichita, KS
As a Staff Accountant III, you will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports for Foley Industries and related operating entities. Responsibilities also include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, and financial commitments, relying on experience to perform a variety of complicated tasks. This position may also from time to time serve as project lead and help direct the work of others under the guidance of Controller.
What you will do in this job:
- Interface with operating departments which may include any of the following on a permanent or as-needed basis:
- Sales Department o Machine, engine, and attachment inventory daily, monthly, and annual reconciliation of EMS systems to general ledger
- Vendor invoices for equipment purchases
- Payments to Caterpillar and other major suppliers and statement reconciliation
- Special financing programs available from Cat or other vendors o Gross margin analysis
- Commission calculations review and monthly meetings o LIFO calculation assist as needed
- Depreciation calculations and percent of rent review for EMS inventory o LKE inventory reporting and reconciliation – assist as needed o Reconcile and report on machine estimate account o Reports for management as needed
- Assist with maintenance of EMS systems for equipment inventory control
- Parts Department o Parts inventory reconciliations assist as needed o LIFO calculation assist as needed o Gross margin analysis
- Calculate or review commissions for PSR’s o Reports for parts management as needed
- Service and Warranty Departments o Analysis of outside purchase accounts and reconciliation o WIP analysis o Gross margin analysis
- Analysis of warranty accounts and reconciliation o Reports for service management as needed
- Sales Tax (monthly)
- Use Tax (monthly)
- Motor Fuel Return Tax (monthly)
- Personal property tax (annual)
- Assist with fixed asset accounts when appropriate.
- Answer questions as needed related to all required tax returns, including:
- Resolve intray (invoice posting errors) as needed.
- Process month-end balancing and journal entries and assist with the overall month-end close process adhering to monthly schedule.
- Review and reconcile related entity inter-company accounts as needed.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets, budget proposals, and prepare necessary supporting documentation and justification of those documents.
- Assist management with timely reviews of the company’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Assist management personnel from all areas of the company (including Caterpillar) with financial needs and reports.
- Assist with the audits of company’s accounts as required.
- Participate in Enterprise Process Management programs as needed.
- Work closely with the Controller on all assignments and duties.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects.
- Conform with, and abide by, all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Assist with the creation of early plan of objectives and goals for department, and other business plans.
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure adherence to company policies.
- Travel as needed for business purposes.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field is required.
- Four to six years prior finance and/or accounting experience required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Products, specifically Excel.
- Excellent customer relations skills with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Availability, and capability, to travel/drive for business purposes.
What will put you ahead:
- Knowledge of construction and agriculture industries is helpful.
Who We Are
Foley Industries - Foley Equipment, Foley Power Solutions, Foley Rental and SITECH Central – enters its ninth decade of empowering progress for customers in Kansas and Western Missouri. Foley’s 1,000+ employees strive every day to safely deliver excellence in service, parts, rental and sales across a broad line of Caterpillar and allied construction equipment, power generation, as well as SITECH construction technology solutions. For more information, please visit www.FoleyEq.com
What we can offer you:
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with matching
- Full insurance benefits
- Holiday, PTO, Parental Leave
- Casual dress attire
- Family owned company where you’re more than just another employee
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity