Technical Writer (QA)
As a Technical Writer, you will create, develop, and edit operational and instructional documentation or other content for paper, multimedia, web-based publications, and user sites.
This is a key support position, and you will work closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to gather information, identify target audiences, and determine technical documentation needs.
You will analyze procedural, process, target audience, and systems information to create user documentation for non-technical and technical users for assigned software products and training modules. This role may document a single project or lead a specific process within multiple projects to maximize the business value of the company’s products.
Additionally, you may perform manual testing on various Yardi products, to understand the functionalities or to assist the Quality assurance team.
In the current pandemic, we prioritize the safety and health of our teams, hence this role implies working from home until further notice.
Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
- At least 1 year of relevant technical writing experience, preferably in the software industry;
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat Pro, help-system authoring tools, Microsoft Visual Studio Team Explorer, and Camtasia or other multimedia tools
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new tools, processes, and standards;
- Robust knowledge of document structuring, content communications, and presentation techniques
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Style Guide;
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts to audiences (that have varying degrees of technical ability;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Strong time management skills and an ability to take accountability for completing projects;
- Demonstrated ability to absorb/learn and retain information quickly, specifically complex technical information;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze target audience and to present ideas in user-friendly language;
- Knowledge of applicable industry/field experience.
It is considered a plus:
- Working knowledge of Yardi Documentation Handbook or Yardi Help Authoring Guide.
- Research, develop, organize, write, and edit technical materials in a variety of formats, managing multiple projects simultaneously as needed;
- Collaborate with SMEs to establish technical specifications;
- Publish developed content leveraging multiple communication channels, e.g., paper, multimedia, web-based publications, and user sites;
- Maintain organized records of all materials, drafts, and previous versions;
- Contribute to the production of technical diagrams and graphs;
- Follow and maintains established style of content guidelines across platforms and media;
- Analyze written and published content to maintain continuity of style;
- Ensure technical documents are published on schedule;
- Work with style guidelines, managing graphics, and communicating complicated material to a wide range of audiences;
- Maintain updates and revisions to technical documentation and materials as new issues occur;
- Work efficiently and accurately in content management systems, adhering to best practices and departmental standards for terminology and content management.
- Highly competitive salary;
- Up to $2.000 educational reimbursement plan/calendar year;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Modern technology, work methods, and tools;
- Possibility to participate in various training programs and conferences (remote or on-site);
- Comprehensive private medical and life insurance plan;
- 15 RON/day meal tickets;
- Discount plans for fitness centers, restaurants, and various other service providers;
You will also be able to use the benefits below, once we return to our office:
- Commuting and parking benefits;
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and coffee in the office;
- Open-air terraces, game rooms;
- Access to company vacation condos in the U.S;
- Regular themed parties & team building activities;