CORPORATE COUNSEL, Tripwire
Portland, Oregon, United States
Tripwire is a leading provider of security, compliance and IT operations solutions for enterprises, industrial organizations, service providers and government agencies. Tripwire solutions are based on high-fidelity asset visibility and deep endpoint intelligence combined with business context; together these solutions integrate and automate security and IT operations. Tripwire's portfolio of enterprise-class solutions includes configuration and policy management, file integrity monitoring, vulnerability management, log management, and reporting and analytics. Learn more at tripwire.com, get security news, trends and insights at tripwire.com/blog or follow us on Twitter@TripwireInc.
Tripwire is just one of the many brands that make up Belden's impressive portfolio. Belden is a multi-billion dollar global organization of 10,000 talented people that supports the mission-critical network infrastructure and audio visual broadcast needs of many of the world's best-known brands, placing us at the heart of the global transformation to a truly connected world. We are seeking driven, results-oriented team members to help us continue to grow and succeed.
General SummaryTripwire is seeking a mid-level corporate transactional attorney who excels at balancing multiple priorities in parallel with tactical, detailed execution. This position will assist in supporting Tripwire's business and legal goals. Thesuccessful candidate is passionate about security and collaborating with cross-functional team members at all levels of the business. Primary responsibility will be supporting revenue deals and the sales contract process. This position may support multiple time zones, so flexibility is ideal.
This role reports to the Head of Legal and is not supervisory in nature. You will join a team of four that values its strong reputation as creative, dynamic, problem solvers and business partners with a good sense of humor. You can expect a collaborative environment with open and honest communication. You will work independently to resolve a wide range of diverse problems utilizing personal judgment and experience to develop solutions in a creative manner. You will interact with employees at all levels of the organization and take personal responsibility for meeting the needs of internal and external customers while demonstrating a keen understanding of business objectives. This role is open to candidates remotely in the USA, with a preference to candidates local to Portland, Oregon.
- Revenue support: Independently drive contract lifecycle from drafting through completion of the negotiation process and hand-off to the operations teams. Manage contract change control process and related correspondencerequiring legal input for a high volume of business critical, time-sensitive sales agreements. Can include all manner of revenue contracts, bidding documents, as well as 3rd party agreements.
- Drive execution: Effectively manage time and priorities by focusing on highest priority tasks and working efficiently; prepare for and facilitate productive meetings.
- Analyze issues and use sound judgment: Gather and analyze information needed to understand problems; base decisions on sound logic andrationale; advance problems toward resolution when encountering ambiguity or uncertainty; choose the best alternative based on consideration of pros, cons, tradeoffs, timing and available resources; make timely decisions on problems and issues requiring immediate attention; make sound decisions on complex functional issues and problems.
- Anticipate and identify legal issues of concern as well as strategic solutions to the Head of Legal.
- Act as primary escalation for questions regarding contract document controls and process.
- Continue to expand the Legal Department's working knowledge of developments in international contract requirements, compliance, and emerging trends.
- Assist in training new Sales team members and other new employees as appropriate on ethics requirements, legal processes and procedures.
- Advise business units on corporate matters, as necessary.
Required Skills and Experience
- J.D. and bar admitted; Preference for current member of Oregon State Bar or eligible for reciprocity/in-house waiver to practice law in Oregon.
- 3 or more years' experience working in a corporate legal department at a tech company negotiating software license agreements, professional services agreements, and SaaS agreements.
- Natural aptitude to provide top-quality, highly-organized, proactive, accurate and effective legal support and thrive in a fast-moving environment with minimal supervision.
- Experience using collaborative negotiation techniques to build a positive relationship with the customer while advocating for your client's needs.
- Intellectual curiosity with a demonstrated history of success working in a collaborative environment.
- Thorough understanding of risk allocation issues in technology sales and licensing, including SaaS offerings.
- Familiarity with U.S. government contracting highly preferred.
- Ability to adapt to different situations and work effectively with different groups of people.
- Strong customer orientation - both internal and external.
- Outstanding critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Natural sense of urgency (can set and meet deadlines).
- 5+ years of directly applicable work experience at a software company
- Certified Information Privacy Professional
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits of working at Tripwire
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) retirement savings options with company stock matching contribution
- Participation in company bonus plan (based on personal job performance, and Tripwire#s overall performance)
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Life Assistance Program (LAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
The salary range for this position is $95,000 - $130,000. This information is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act to provide Colorado applicants with information about what they may be eligible to receive. Individual pay decisions will depend on job-related factors such as experience, education, skill, and geographic location where work will be performed. Benefits listed above may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Tripwire and the country where you work.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Tripwire is committed to bettering the lives of our employees and we are constantly looking to improve our approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Black lives matter. Gender equity matters. And the best outcomes are achieved when professionals with differing backgrounds, abilities, orientations, and religions workside by side and on equal footing. It's important to us to create an environment where employees can bring their whole, authentic selves to work.
Tripwire is on a journey to reaffirm and expand our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to learn and grow together, and to use our voice within the cybersecurity community to actively promote a culture of inclusion. We are actively assessing our policies and investing in improvements in areas such as our internal DEI team, HR policies, hiring processes, donation matching and volunteer programs, and driving financial contributions toward underrepresented individuals in our community.
At Tripwire our culture is one where you perform at your best, where you trust your teammates, and where work doesn't feel so much like work. We recognize and appreciate the contribution of all our employees. We value customer service, working with teams and thriving in an environment of continuous change. We play to win!
Tripwire provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions or any other condition of employment or career development.