A Mortgage Closer is involved and responsible for timely and seamless closing and funding of all loan transactions that have received final approval from the lender. Responsible for preparing closing documents and coordinating with the Closing Agent, Borrower, Builder, Realtor and the Capital City Home Loans’ team to meet closing date/time expectations. The Mortgage Closer ensures that each party involved is accurately informed about the closing details and procedures. Confirms loans are closed within the guidelines defined by Capital City Home Loans, Investor and RESPA/TILA standards. Represents the company in a professional and enthusiastic manner by providing an exceptional level of customer service.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reviews program parameters and loan terms against LOS.
- Assists with Post Closing issues directly with Borrower, Closing Agent, Processor, Loan Officer and/or Operations Manager when necessary.
- Verifies accuracy and consistency of specifications on documents, such as title, appraisal and insurance forms.
- Verifies prior to closing loan that all approval conditions have been satisfied prior to sending out the closing package.
- Advises attorney and/or Title Company of all closing charges and special conditions.
- Coordinates loan funding (wires or checks, as applicable) in a timely fashion. Verifies with Processor that funds have been ordered.
- Prior to funding authorization, coordinates receipt and verifies HUD-1 Settlement Statement and Final TIL.
- Continuous review of projected closing reports and/or purchasing log; follows up with processing staff to facilitate timely settlement.
- Responsible for assisting the post-closing and/or quality control department in obtaining any missing documentation needed in order to render a loan saleable into the secondary market.
Job Requirements for Essential/Primary Job Functions:
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Strong computer skills, in addition to a working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Experience with mortgage software, such as Calyx Point, Encompass, Data Track or Empower.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with mortgage rates.
- Multi-tasking skills, showcased through the use of several applications.
- Must be knowledgeable of RESPA/MDIA/HPML tolerances.
- Ability to close at least five to seven loans per day; however, goal is ten to eleven loans per day.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3+ years of mortgage closing and/or post-closing experience required.