Technical Project Manager
Would you enjoy working with cutting-edge web security systems?
Would you like to impact the digital experiences of millions?
Join our prestigious Professional Services team
Our Team provides managed services and proactive and reactive support to our global customers. We utilize tools, process and knowledge to integrate and maintain Akamai security, media, and performance solutions for our clients. We collaborate to solve problems, innovate to provide creative solutions and work to continuously improve for our customers and our team.
Partner with the best
From pre-sales through to integration and performance, you'll be an end-to-end trusted advisor to customers, acting as a gateway between them and our products and platforms. For high-profile customers with huge web, streaming, or API traffic, you’ll be delivering technical solutions and creatively tackling challenges that have a considerable impact.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Participating in internal projects to contribute to best practices and improve our methodology and quality of integrations
- Ensuring customer success by focusing on best practice, helping them develop a long-term web performance and security strategy
- Partnering cross-functionally to review and ensure integration efficiency, deliver high quality service and ensure customer engagement
- Collaborating with account teams to evaluate customer streaming architecture and deliver the best of class solutions
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have 2-5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, another related field or its equivalent.
- Demonstrate experience in a customer-facing role within the information technology industry
- Understand how the internet and it's networks and protocols (IP, DNS and routing, HTTP, TCP or web architecture) works
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate fluency in English, Spanish and Portuguese (desired)
- Show experience of managing and delivering large technical customer projects successfully and influencing stakeholders across the teams
- Demonstrate a passion for excellence through sound judgement, solid decision making and contingency planning
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills to articulate highly technical information in a clear and easy to understand manner
- Be able to work with a sense of urgency and influence stakeholders across the teams
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone.
We are happy to discuss flexible working options in this role, please discuss your requirements with the recruiter when you apply.
Working with us
At Akamai, we’re curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, you’ll thrive here.
Working for you
At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled teams build progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you! Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.