Security Operations Center Specialist
Are you excited about detecting and mitigating cyber attacks?
Would you enjoy protecting the world's leading brands?
Join our world class Security Operations Command Center
Our Team strives to be the most trusted support services partner and to keep our customers online businesses up and running. We utilize tools, process and knowledge to diagnose and resolve product, platform, and customer issues. Our team delivers managed services for both media and security to proactively maintain quality and protect our customers’ online presence.
Respond to cyber-attacks in real time
As a Security Operations Specialist, you'll engage in critical network and attack-related events for our customers. As frontline defense, you will take own our central alerting system, detecting and mitigating the impact of attacks. In this fast-paced environment, your exceptional support to customers impacts the future of them and Akamai.
As a Security Operations Technician Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Engaging in mitigation techniques to prevent vector attacks
- Performing advanced packet analysis to identify attacks and threats to our network
- Managing and documenting technical issues, responses and requests to ensure information is recorded and updated
- Providing support to customers to remedy and resolve network and connectivity issues
- Communicating with customers regarding challenges and providing updates and results on your mitigation and analysis
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience in a customer support, help desk or call center capacity
- Demonstrate knowledge of how the internet works, including, DNS. HTTP, Suite of IP Protocols
- Show excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to update internal documentation
- Have passion and ability to learn new tools and technologies and problem solve
- Show knowledge of common OWASP top 10 and how they relate to internet services compromise or attacks
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone.
We are happy to discuss flexible working options in this role, please discuss your requirements with the recruiter when you apply.
Working with us
At Akamai, we’re curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, you’ll thrive here.
Working for you
At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavors
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled teams build progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you! Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.