Compliance Analyst II
The Compliance Analyst II is responsible for the overall management of branch and individual federal registrations and state licenses. This will include scheduling and tracking required education and exams. Additional responsibilities include assisting with various compliance-related reviews and reporting.
- Oversee maintenance of Secretary of State business registrations including filing periodic reports and renewals.
- Support company and branch offices in obtaining and renewing state licenses and federal registrations.
- Manage application and registration process for originators by scheduling applicable education courses/exams, filing complete license applications/registrations through NMLS and communicating with state licensing departments to facilitate licensing process including researching guidelines and resolution of any licensing issues.
- Prioritize and complete licensing/registration tasks by state and federally imposed deadlines.
- Maintain accurate records of loan originators by tracking new hires, transfers, new licenses, sponsorships, license terminations and renewals.
- Assist with HMDA data review and geocoding, ECOA timeline tracking, TRID tolerance cure reconciliation and advertising approval.
- Facilitate assignment and tracking of employee required new hire and annual education.
- Perform additional compliance-related tasks as needed.
- A minimum 5 years in mortgage banking with a minimum of 2 years in a compliance related role.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify and analyze problems, identify root cause and provide recommendations for remediation.
- Experience with Ellie Mae Encompass, NMLS and QuestSoft highly desired.
- Knowledge of HMDA, ECOA, TIL and state licensing requirements.
- Ability to work with little supervision while performing duties.