Management Trainee (Ability to be based out of Kansas City, MO., Topeka, KS. or Wichita, KS.)
If you are looking for a rewarding career, the Management Trainee role will provide the knowledge and tools to become a future leader. Learn the various aspects of each department and their position responsibilities, participate in assignments, complete required tasks, engage in training.
- Understand Company safety policies, procedures, and regulations as well as the impact as it relates to each department
- Learn and understand the culture and philosophy of how each department handles business, customer interaction, resolving customer disputes, quoting, pricing philosophies, and employee management
- Actively participate in learning opportunities and perform duties as assigned
- Learn various business functions, observe experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties, and participate in job rotations
- Acquire knowledge and understanding of each department’s metrics and reporting to include; budgeting, financial reviews, team operational performance report, operating statement, work in process, etc.
- Actively involved in the selection and development of personnel to include; interviewing, writing appraisals, development discussions, etc.
- Report on and meet performance goals and objectives
- Assist with continuous improvement projects as needed
- Provide support in the various departments, including reporting, data-entry, presentation creation, strategic planning, and customer service as needed
Our Ideal Candidate
- Excellent customer service
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Must be able to read and comprehend specifications, service and parts literature, technical bulletins, and other related publications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, comfortable working in fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to positively motivate, manage, and develop employees.
What will put you ahead:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous management of people
Who We Are
Foley Industries and its subsidiaries Foley Equipment, Foley Power Solutions, Foley Rental and SITECH Central have proudly served and represented Caterpillar for nearly 80 years. Committed to customer success across Kansas and Western Missouri, Foley strives every day to deliver excellence across the full range of equipment and power generation sales, rental, service, and technology solutions. With 1,000 employees in 15 cities, we are dedicated to being Your First Choice. For more information, please visit www.FoleyEq.com.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive pay
- Family owned company where you’re more than just another employee
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity