Senior Controls Engineer
Company Apply Now
We're looking for rock-solid PLC controls engineers to join our engineering team providing engineering services and supporting turnkey controls systems.
You’ll be working for a systems integrator and turnkey controls solutions provider proudly serving the industry since 1989. Buckle up and get ready to work in multiple industries on all kinds of applications. We’re in aerospace, alternative energy, food and beverage, rubber and plastics, automotive, material handling, error proofing, and pretty much anywhere automation is used.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- PLC/HMI/DCS programming
- Collaborate with other engineering and drafting disciplines to design electrical and control systems.
Requirements and Qualifications: ·
- Engineering or technical bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Because we support projects throughout the United States, our engineers must be available to work at customer sites for extended periods of time returning home for a weekend every two weeks. Per diem is generous and travel time and expenses are covered by AMT. Expect an average of 50% of your assignments will require overnight stays.
- Experience with AutoCAD, DCS/PLC programming a plus. Additional training to be provided as needed.
- Energetic individual with highly proficient computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Must possess creative problem-solving skills, strong critical thinking skills, and high attention to detail.
- Ability to program, develop, troubleshoot, and maintain Allen-Bradley (RS Logix 5000) Siemens (Step 7, TIA Portal)
- Kuka robot and Siemens PLC experience strongly preferred
Why You’ll Like Working for Us:
- We care about your physical, mental, and financial wellbeing. We offer competitive compensation, an excellent medical benefit plan with three choices of coverage. The company pays for your Long Term Disability coverage and provides options for Life and Short Term Disability. Paid holidays and paid time off are all part of the package. A traditional 401(k) with a company match as well as a ROTH 401(k) is available.
- We value employee development. Our engineers are exposed to a variety of technical challenges. Training and support are necessary for even the most experienced engineers. When certification is necessary for an assignment AMT foots the bill. We work hard to create career paths for our employees whether they aspire to management (our COO started with us as a new college grad) or prefer to stay hands-on (one of our proposal engineers was the fourth employee in the company).
- We support our engineers. In our lobby and you’ll see photos of every single team member on our “people wall”. Managers conduct regular online team meetings, we use Teams, email, and whatever other tools we can to stay in touch with our folks in the field. We publish a monthly internal newsletter that highlights company news and introduces new employees to the rest of the company.