Senior Controls Engineer
Company Apply Now
We are in search of highly skilled PLC controls engineers to become integral members of our exceptional team, delivering engineering services and turnkey automated systems. As part of a renowned systems integration and turnkey controls solutions provider with a proud legacy dating back to 1989, you can anticipate engaging work across various industries and applications. Brace yourself for involvement in aerospace, alternative energy, food and beverage, rubber and plastics, automotive, material handling, error proofing, and virtually any realm where automation plays a vital role.
We are focused on supplying complete automated solutions to a wide range of North American Industries including:
- Robotic Palletizing, Robotic De-palletizing, Robotic Mixed Pallet Build and Robotic Induction.
- AMR integration for material handling.
- Custom robotic solutions for customers who wish to implement automation on a large scale over several facilities.
- General Industry: Thermoforming, Textile, Alternative Energy, Consumer Products, Medical Devices, Aerospace, Consumer Electronics.
At AMT we are experienced in advanced material handling applications and solutions including:
- Palletizing & De-palletizing
- Autonomous Mobil Robotics
- Collaborative robot applications
- 3D Bin Picking
- Vision Technologies & A.I.
- Advanced Material Handling
- Machine Tending
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- PLC/HMI/DCS programming for applications described above
- Collaborate with other engineering and drafting disciplines to design electrical and control systems.
Requirements and Qualifications: ·
- Engineering or technical bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Because we support projects throughout the United States, our engineers must be available to work at customer sites for extended periods returning home for a weekend every two weeks. Per diem is generous and travel time and expenses are covered by AMT. Services engineers can expect an average of 50% of your assignments will require overnight stays. Engineers on the Systems Integration team typically travel less than 35%.
- Experience with AutoCAD, DCS/PLC programming a plus. Additional training is to be provided as needed.
- Energetic individual with highly proficient computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Must possess creative problem-solving skills, strong critical thinking skills, and high attention to detail.
- Ability to program, develop, troubleshoot, and maintain Allen-Bradley (RS Logix 5000) Siemens (Step 7, TIA Portal)
- Kuka robot and Siemens PLC experience strongly preferred
Why You’ll Like Working for Us:
- We care about your physical, mental, and financial wellbeing. We offer competitive compensation, an excellent medical benefit plan with three choices of coverage. The company pays for your Long Term Disability coverage and provides options for Life and Short Term Disability. Paid holidays and paid time off are all part of the package. A traditional 401(k) with a company match as well as a ROTH 401(k) is available.
- We value employee development. Our engineers are exposed to a variety of technical challenges. Training and support are necessary for even the most experienced engineers. When certification is necessary for an assignment AMT foots the bill. We work hard to create career paths for our employees whether they aspire to management (our COO started with us as a new college grad) or prefer to stay hands-on (one of our proposal engineers was the fourth employee in the company).
- We support our engineers. Walk in our lobby and you’ll see photos of every single team member on our “people wall”. Managers conduct regular online team meetings, we use , Teams, email, and whatever other tools we can to stay in touch with our team. We publish a monthly internal newsletter that highlights company news and introduces new employees to the rest of the company.