Responsible for processing all payrolls and related payroll payables for the agency. Assists with various accounting functions and fiscal affairs of the agency while complying with approved agency policies. Maintains confidentiality regarding status of individuals, protected information of staff and individuals and matters pertaining to the administrative functions of the agency.
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency (G.E.D., HiSET, TASC)
- Experience in payroll functions and systems
- Computer literacy and proficient in Microsoft Office products
- General knowledge of office procedure and equipment operations
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass OSBI, MVR, DHS Registry Check and any other background checks as agency requires or deems necessary
- Must have regular and punctual attendance
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills, human relation skills, organizational skills and time management skills
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must be able to make quick and logical decisions
- Presents a positive attitude and a quick learner
- Work is performed in an office environment and requires sitting for prolonged periods of time using a computer keyboard and screen.
- The position requires standing, walking, twisting, reaching, bending, crouching and kneeling. May also grasp, push, pull, drag and lift boxes of files and other office items weighing 25 pounds or less.
- Must have mobility, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed.
Normal working hours are from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday with 1 hour for lunch and two 15 minute breaks as scheduling allows. This position is non-exempt and receives overtime pay at one and one half times the regular rate of pay for all hours worked over 40 hours in a workweek beginning Saturday 12:00am through Friday midnight.
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
- Comprehends and complies with all payroll law and standards set forth by regulatory agencies i.e. Department of Labor, Federal AbilityOne Commission, State of Oklahoma.
- Uses agency tools and procedures to insure organization and consistency.
- Handles highly sensitive information for the Agency and must maintain total confidentiality regarding:
status of individuals
protected information of staff and individuals
matters pertaining to the administrative functions of the agency
RESPONSIBILITIES – Essential Functions:
Client Payroll (Department of Labor 14c Subminimum Wage):
- Setup and maintain client information in timekeeping and payroll systems
- Accumulate daily work tickets from program staff
- Check and tally daily work tickets for proper documentation of time, job performed, and number of pieces completed
- Enter daily work tickets in timekeeping system and verify
- Setup time studies in timekeeping system and maintain files
- Run Master Job List report and distribute to program staff
- Run High/Low reports weekly and distribute to program staff for verification
- Run Individual Summary reports for each pay period and send to program staff
- Process client semi-month payroll
- Make all federal and state tax deposits
Federal Contracts (Department of Labor Service Contract Act), In-house Programs and Administration Payrolls:
- Setup and maintain employee information in timekeeping and payroll systems
- Verify timecards for payroll processing and notify supervisors (Administration, Programs, GSA, FAA & USM contracts) or payroll secretaries (Tinker contracts) of missing information
- Process non-exempt/hourly bi-weekly payrolls
- Process exempt/salary semi-month payroll
- Process garnishment notices
- Enter manual time punches in timekeeping system when necessary
- Verify and post leave time awards in timekeeping system
- Provide invoices to accounts payable for all payroll garnishment deductions
- Make all federal and state tax deposits
You may submit an application online today, or print an application to fill out by hand and deliver to Dale Rogers Training Center in person, by mail, or by fax.
Dale Rogers Training Center
2501 N. Utah Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
Phone: (405) 946-4489
Fax: (405) 943-9710
Video Phone #: (405) 445-7314
Dale Rogers Training Center is an EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer