Experienced Mission Pilot/Mechanic - Guinea
We are now extending our work into Guinea. The country became independent from France over 60 years ago and is one the least developed countries in the world. The Ebola epidemic had a devastating impact on the country along with poor infrastructure, a growing population and a fragile democracy.
We hope to provide much needed safe and reliable air transport for organisations working in remote locations providing water and sanitation, primary health care and HIV prevention, agricultural development and food security, and the development of sustainable livelihoods.
We are now looking for a Pilot Mechanic to safely carry out flight and maintenance operations. You will be flexible in your role as you will need to fulfil multiple responsibilities including operational, quality and safety roles on a routine basis.
You will also perform effective maintenance and repair of aircraft and associated systems.
As this role is a dual position you will have key responsibilities for being both a Pilot and Mechanic.
To serve as a Pilot with MAF you will need to possess an extensive set of skills, having the ability to anticipate changes and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
Your role will include conducting mission flights, providing a customer focused flight service and actively participating in MAFs quality and safety management systems. You will need to ensure your flying qualifications are maintained according to MAF and national regulations and that licencing and medical requirements are met.
As a member of a developing programme, you will share other duties to maintain operational efficiency, effectiveness, quality and safety of operations in the programme.
You will be expected to maintain and improve personal professional / technical standards by participating in necessary training and completing relevant modules.
Part of this role includes the maintenance of aircraft in accordance with organisational standards and practices. You will perform normal phase inspections and general maintenance at the 100 hour level including discrepancies and assist maintenance specialist(s) on major phase inspections, engine changes as required. You will need to communicate technical maintenance issues, part needs, or progressive inspection scheduling with the Chief Engineer.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
ICAO Commercial Pilots License with instrument rating
- Aviation Medical - Class 1 on entry
- Minimum English proficiency level 4
- French language - intermediate level, meaning you can carry basic conversations in a wide variety of situations but have limited working proficiency.
- ICAO aircraft maintenance engineer license
- Four years aviation maintenance experience - turbine/reciprocating engine experience as appropriate to programme aircraft
- Minimum 1000 flight hours including 500 hours PIC
- Aptitude in verbal and numerical reasoning
- Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of aircraft performance and loading, aerodynamics, aircraft systems, weather, aircraft instrumentation, crew/cockpit resource management, pilot decision making, safety and quality systems
Working in a multicultural environment
- Experience and recent proficiency in the operation of small aircraft to CPL standards
- Some experience of working in commercial or corporate aviation highly recommended
- IFR Operations
There is an occupational requirement for job holders to be committed Christians, able to agree with MAF's statement of faith. More information is available on request. MAF UK recruits staff from the UK and Ireland. Candidates from outside of these areas will be directed to another MAF group.