Human Resources Administrative Support and Recuiter
Company Apply Now
Are you team-oriented and enjoy meeting new people? If that is you, we want you to join the Kowalski Construction team as an Human Resources Recruiter/Administrative Support.
Kowalski Construction, Inc is a nationally recognized restoration leader in Arizona, family owned and operated since 1967.
What makes Kowalski Construction different from other restoration companies? We create a supportive environment for our employees, invest in their personal and professional growth, encourage family and work-life balance beyond the worksite. Additionally, we care about your work/life balance because we all have a life outside of work, meeting people, helping people rebuild their lives and business
As part of the Human Resources team, the Recruiting/Admin is responsible for managing the staffing and recruiting efforts of the company. You may be required to assist in other areas of the company as needed.
- Responsible for seeking quality candidates, including researching job seekers, and inviting them to apply for a job
- Partnering with hiring managers to determine staffing needs
- Responsible for screening resumes to determine which candidates meet the minimum requirements
- Conducting in-person and phone interviews with candidates and coordinating interviews with the hiring managers
- Performing reference and background checks
- Maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved
- Communicating employer information and benefits during screening process
- Staying current on the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
- Serving as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges, and industry associations
- Completing timely reports on employment activity
- Conducting exit interviews on terminating employees
- Assist with onboarding and new hire orientation
- Answers staff questions regarding HR related functions including but not limited to vacation, absences, benefits, payroll, etc.
- Data entry input of all necessary payroll/personnel changes such as new hires, and other information to keep HRIS up to date and accurate
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of HR files and records
- Make photocopies, fax documents, file documentation appropriately, and perform other clerical functions
- Minimum of 2 years HR experience
- Minimum of 1 year of recruiting experience
- Possess strong knowledge and understanding of recruiting
- Positive attitude, innovative, diligent, and determined to go above and beyond to accomplish the job.
- Works successfully independently and collaboratively.
- MS Office proficiency
- Strong presentation, communication, and written skills.
- Time management and prioritization skills ensuring responsibilities are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Self-starter, dynamic, creative, an out-of-the-box thinker, highly motivated, able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, and get the job done with little or no supervision.
- Medical (75% paid by employer for employee which you can choose from a PPO or HSA plan), Dental and Vision
- Supplemental Insurance (Disability, Accident, Critical Illness)
- IRA - Kowalski contributes up to 3% of employee contribution
- Vacation and sick time
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid holidays
Wage: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour DOE
If you do not meet the minimum experience requirements, you will not be considered for this position.