Employee Relations Manager (Ability to be based out of Kansas City, Mo., Wichita, KS., or Topeka, KS.)
As the Employee Relations Manager, you are a key member of the Human Resources Leadership team. You are responsible for evolving and delivering the core practices of employee relations work; developing, evaluating, and enhancing human resource policies, procedures, and programs, with a focus on prevention, education, and remediation of issues to further enable a positive, diverse, safe and ethical work environment. Support, guide and coach HR professionals and company leaders to effectively manage employee relations in a way that fosters engagement, retention, and positive customer experiences.
- Advise on appropriate resolution of employee relations issues; serve as a resource concerning issues of employment law, harassment, discrimination, retaliation, reasonable accommodations, and other employee relations matters
- Oversee and facilitate leave of absence programs and resolution of escalated leave of absence employment decisions and requests for workplace accommodations by facilitating discussions with applicable stakeholders.
- Apply employee relations expertise to successfully identify trends, gaps, vulnerabilities, and challenges; propose solution-focused strategies and programs to create, audit, and sustain an inclusive work environment, measurably impact positive engagement, and mitigate risk
- Lead the creation, refinement, and administration of Company-wide HR policies; collaborate, consult and train management with regard to all human resources policies and procedures; Respond to inquiries regarding any HR policies, procedures and programs
- Build a proactive culture of performance management by actively engaging with managers and employees; Coach Leaders on activating high performance and handling under-performance on their teams.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, or a related field required
- 10+ years of employee relations experience required
- 5+ years of people leadership experience required
- Solid sense of accountability, high-quality judgment, and sound decision-making
- Strong project manager, capable of independently owning large-scale projects
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to manage through ambiguity and change
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while delivering on commitments
What will put you ahead:
- Master’s degree
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish/English)
Who We Are
Foley Industries and its subsidiaries Foley Equipment, Foley Power Solutions, Foley Rental and SITECH Central have proudly served and represented Caterpillar for over 80 years. Committed to customer success across Kansas and Western Missouri, Foley strives every day to deliver excellence across the full range of equipment and power generation sales, rental, service, and technology solutions. With more than 1,000 employees in 15 cities, we are dedicated to being Your First Choice. For more information, please visit www.FoleyEq.com.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with matching
- Full insurance benefits
- Holiday and PTO
- Family-owned company where you’re more than just another employee
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity