IT Help Desk Specialist
Company Apply Now
Summary of Position
The IT Help Desk Specialist position is responsible for delivering support to end-users in a timely manner,
communicating the status of issues, and delivering requests for new or additional capability.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
• Addresses incoming service requests via telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely, and
effective resolution of end-user issues.
• Assists other technicians in supporting end user issues and may provide coordination for project
• Documents all pertinent end user information and nature of problem or issues, records the
information in an online ticket to ensure requests are resolved in a timely fashion.
• Troubleshoots computer support problems and apply understanding of computer software and
hardware products and services to resolve problems of users.
• Determines from computer user the nature of problem, determine whether problem is caused
by hardware such as printer, cables, or telephone, formulates diagnosis, and assist users
through problem solving steps.
• Maintains technical and support (knowledge articles) documentation for all systems supported.
• Provides Level 2 support as needed to address user related issues.
• Performs basic system administration functions including creating users, email accounts, etc.
• May perform basic networking or security administration tasks such as deploying firewall rules
and creating routes on existing systems.
• Communicates effectively with other professional and support staff to achieve positive
• Deploys hardware and software as needed.
• Ensure adherence to company security and usage policies, departmental procedures, and strive
to protect data pertaining to both employees and clients/patients.
• Promote and contribute to a positive, problem-solving environment.
• Assess and handle problems and escalations, with urgency.
• Ensure all projects are delivered on time, and within scope and budget
• Share job knowledge, skills and ideas with other team members.
• Adhere to all Company policies and procedures
• Ensures compliance with all HIPAA, OSHA, and other federal, state, and local regulations.
• Participates in meetings, training and in-service education, as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Analytical thinking with ability to recognize business needs and drive solutions to address them
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to multitask and work on multiple high-priority projects concurrently.
• Receptive and open to ongoing feedback & training from management and team members.
• Collaborative and problem solving to achieve highest results individually and as a team.
• Ability to work well in a team environment that promotes inclusiveness & communication
among team members.
• Knowledge of MS Active Directory, Office 365, Windows, Outlook, PC imaging and deployment
• Strong business acumen and acuity
• Ability and willingness to perform as a team member on multiple projects simultaneously and
work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment with high expectations for quality
• Ability to analyze information and use deductive reasoning
• Proven ability to provide excellent customer service, and work with multiple levels of the
organization from senior management to first level associates
• Exceptional verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
• Effective time-management and organizational abilities/skills to effectively assist with projects
from inception to completion
• Self-starter; highly motivated; able to work with minimal supervision
• Advanced skill in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and
• Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 25% of the time and
work evenings, weekends, holidays as needed
• Spoken and written fluency in English, Spanish a big plus
• This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
Education And Experience Criteria
• Bachelor’s degree or coursework preferred.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience with supporting and troubleshooting systems preferred.
• Knowledge and troubleshooting of Mac/PC software, Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft
Office, networking, telephony, antivirus and off the shelf applications
• Technology certifications including A+, Network+, and Security+, Information Technology
Infrastructure Library (ITIL) or Help Desk Institute (HDI) preferred.
• Knowledge of Desktop components
• Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Preferred experience in Cargo or Logistics OR high turnover environment
• Experience with multiple users at one time.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to operate with a high level of professionalism & maturity, and discretion &
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.