Commercial Construction Estimator
Company Apply Now
Kowalski Construction, Inc is a nationally recognized restoration leader in Arizona, family-owned and operated since 1967.
Are you someone who believes in family values, does the right thing when no one is watching and is involved in serving your community, leading by example? We are a company that cares about work/life balance because we all have a life outside of work.
What makes Kowalski Construction different from other restoration companies: We create a supportive environment for our employees, invest in their personal and professional growth, encourage family and work-life balance beyond the worksite.
Responsible for estimating commercial insurance losses and non-commercial projects. Xactimate is required. Read blueprints and specifications, gather proposals and related documents. Budget inhouse labor, material, equipment, and sub-contractors to calculate overall cost of a project. Must be dependable, friendly, communicate with client while understanding their needs during the claims process.
A Day in the life
As a Commercial Construction Estimator your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Client Satisfaction
- Generate and present complete and professional estimates promptly and accurately
- Create complete, detailed budgets
- Execution of contracts on behalf of the company
- Work with Superintendent and production team to manage projects efficiently and profitably
- End of project cost analysis comparison to estimate and budget
- Achieve profit margins in line with company goals
- All other duties or projects as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Add to a positive corporate culture
- Proficient in Outlook, Microsoft office Excel and Word
- Maintain company job management system
- Must have a background in construction
- 5 years estimating in construction
- Company vehicle, Phone, Computer, and related equipment to conduct business
- Medical (75% paid by employer for employee which you can choose from a PPO or HSA plan), Dental and Vision
- Supplemental Insurance (Disability, Accident, Critical Illness)
- 401K, Kowalski contributes up to 3% of employee contribution
- Vacation and sick time
- Tool & Boot Purchase Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Salary: $75,000 to $80,000 annually plus incentives.