Transports subcontract product and supplies to and from DRTC. Prepares incoming and outgoing products and performs minor maintenance of the DRTC delivery truck(s), forklift, pallet jacks and production equipment, including tire pressure, oil, water, and general cleanliness.
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency (G.E.D., HiSET, TASC)
- Experience in light industrial work; warehouse and shipping and receiving
- Experience with developmentally disabled population preferred
- 18 years old or older
- Possess and maintain a valid Oklahoma Drivers License in order to operate Agency vehicles
- Pass OSBI, MVR, DHS Registry Check, reference checks, pre-employment drug test and any other background check as Agency requires or deems necessary.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance
- Must be able to make quick and logical decisions
- Good communications and customer service skills
- Ability to operate Agency vehicles, including delivery trucks (standard and automatic 22-24’ truck), forklift and 12 to 15 seat vans
- Safety Sensitive Position Identification: A safety sensitive position (SSP) is a position in which an individual has a key and direct role in an activity where impaired performance could result in:
- a serious incident, or
- an improper or inadequate response to a potentially serious incident.
RESPONSIBILITIES – ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Operates DRTC trucks to pick and deliver product and finished goods in a safe manner according to all laws governing the operation of a motor vehicle. Completes the Drivers “Trip” Record and Vehicle Maintenance Forms accurately and timely.
- Removes product from production floors and prepares for shipment. Labels and palletizes customer product for shipping.
- Cares for and maintains production equipment.
- Performs minor maintenance of the DRTC delivery truck(s), forklift, pallet jacks and production equipment, including tire pressure, oil, water, and general cleanliness.
- Completes a Property Action Request form for vehicle repairs.
- Provides direct supervision of individual assigned to go out on deliveries, ensuring safety at all times.
- Maintains appropriate forms, including work tickets and attendance records accurately for the individual participating in job coaching
The following physical requirements are necessary to meet this Job Description:
- Standing up to eight hours
- Able to move maximum weight of 50 pound (vertically)
- Able to move maximum weight of 25 pounds (horizontally)
- Able to move the above-described weights a maximum distance of 100 feet
- Regularly required to talk with or listen to others.
- Frequently required to sit and use hands to handle/feel objects, tools or controls.
- Vision requirements include depth perception, ability to see peripherally and ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus.
- Required to be able to operate vehicles for travel/transportation purposes.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret written material, job specific procedures, and instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Additional physical requirements to be considered depend on the work available and can include sitting, bending, stooping, moving, grasping and stretching.
NOTE - Staff will be counseled for failure to adhere to maximum weights or for non-use of required Safety Equipment.
Hours for the Delivery Driver may vary according to agency needs. Normal working hours are from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M., Monday through Friday with 30-minute lunch away from individuals. Two 15-minute breaks if scheduling allows.
This position is classified under Excluded Remote Work Designation – less than 10% of job functions can be typically completed remotely based on a 40 hour per week work schedule. Not eligible for remote work designation.
This position is non-exempt and receives overtime pay at one- and one-half times the regular rate of pay for all hours worked over 40 hours in a workweek beginning Saturday 12:00am through Friday midnight.
CERTIFICATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED: (At Agency's Expense)
- Forklift Training
- Ongoing training for job specific, professional, and personal development.
You may submit an application online today at www.drtc.org or print an application to fill out by hand and deliver to Dale Rogers Training Center in person, by mail, or by fax.
Dale Rogers Training Center
2501 N. Utah Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
Phone: (405) 946-4489
Fax: (405) 943-9710
Video Phone #: (405) 445-7314
Dale Rogers Training Center is an EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer