Shipping / Receiving Clerk
Company Apply Now
Applied Manufacturing Technologies
Lake Orion, Michigan, United States
Shipping / Receiving Clerk - $18 - $24 / Hour
Manage Shipping & Receiving area and duties for inbound/outbound shipments.
- Responsible for adhering to all shipping and receiving procedures.
- Operate Stake Truck, Forklift, or Hand Truck to move or convey incoming/outgoing shipments.
- Supervise or assist with unloading material and equipment from inbound trucking.
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments.
- Compare information, part numbers and counts of incoming shipments to verify information against packing lists and AMT purchase orders.
- Document and reject damaged items.
- Maintain database of equipment received and returned.
- Route materials and equipment to their designated Project Area or receiver.
- Maintain Project storage areas/shelves.
- Assist with outbound shipping.
- Package outbound shipments, ensuring sufficient protection to avoid damage.
- Validate outgoing shipment documentation.
- Document/photograph equipment/material condition prior to shipment.
- Maintain shipping materials.
- Validates trucking schedules.
- Work directly with Manufacturing Manager, Plant Manager, Buyer, and Project Managers.
- Assist Buyer at times with procurement of materials and equipment.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and safe area.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Light facilities janitorial work to keep the facility and campus clean and organized.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work autonomously with limited supervision
- Previous experience driving and operating a Forklift
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Must be able to lift and or move up to 50 pounds
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Requires a valid unrestricted driver’s license.
- Shift hours 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday