Company Apply Now
Fusco Personnel has been retained to recruit for an experienced Technical Writer for an innovative manufacturing organization located in Albany, NY that focuses on improving public safety. The assignment is expected to run between 3-4 months and remote work is acceptable. Candidates will need to report in-person on 3 separate occasions during the assignment, so out-of-area candidates must be able to travel to the Albany offices – the organization will assist with travel expenses as well!
- Writing, editing, and maintaining product documentation
- Work with Engineering, Software, and Customer Support departments to produce comprehensive technical manuals
- Assist in the development of training manuals and documentation
- Develop and maintain a process for managing product related technical literature, to maximize efficiency of product manual development
- Develop layout and styles guides for product, service, and training manuals
- Adhere to and enforce document approval and control processes
- Communicate consistently and effectively to all cross-functional teams to ensure improvements and changes are understood, and questions are answered to move projects forward
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
- High proficiency with documentation development and publishing software
- Experience with Adobe FrameMaker (7.1 or later), Adobe Acrobat, MS Office, and graphics editing software (Photoshop, Illustrator) or similar required
- 3+ years related work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail
- Must be driven and self-motivated
- Must possess the highest ethical standards and a commitment to work quality
- Works well in a high-paced group environment
- Positive demeanor towards technical challenges
Fusco Personnel takes great pride in successfully matching talent and culture for our valued clients. We accomplish this through the hard work and expertise of our exemplary specialty recruiters and staff.
Whether you are contemplating your next career move, or you are seeking the key players to bring your business to the next level – consider contacting our experts.
Fusco Personnel is a NYS Certified Women Business Enterprise (WBE) and an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Race/Gender/Veterans/Disability Employer