Responsible for overall appearance of assigned zone(s). Provide direct supervision of Lead Persons and Janitors in assigned zone(s).
REPORTS TO: Assistant/Contract Manager
SUPERVISES: Leads and Janitors
- At least 2 years’ experience in janitorial management preferred but any management experience that demonstrates leadership, Integrity, or adaptability will be considered.
- Knowledge of chemicals, equipment, stripping, floor finishing and other duties pertaining to janitorial profession
- Experience working with people with disabilities preferred
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Must be able to pass background checks that are required to enter work site and any other background check agency deems necessary
- Must meet badge requirements for all assigned buildings
- Have the knowledge and ability to recognize and assess the defined quality requirements to fulfill the Performance Work Statement
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills, human relation skills, time management skills, and have a proven leadership background
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule
- Professional dress, speech, and mannerisms a must
- Ability to respond to customer needs effectively and in a timely manner
- Maintain personal vehicle which is in good operational order to transport Janitors to assigned buildings
- Maintain state mandated minimum liability insurance on personal vehicle used to transport Janitors; must provide copy of insurance Declaration Page to the Human Resources office upon hire and upon renewal.
- Pass bi-annual motor vehicle registry (MVR) checks with established agency guideline
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma Driver License; must provide copy to Human Resources office upon hire and upon renewal
- Must provide record of annual flu vaccine or be willing to submit to annual flu vaccine, if assigned to clean/maintain the Child Development Centers at Tinker Air Force Base
RESPONSIBILITIES – ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise and direct the work of Lead Persons and Janitors in assigned zone(s).
- Evaluate employees and their performance for recommendation on continued employment, placement and coaching process.
- Employee training including new employee training and ongoing Method of the Week training.
- Ensure all Janitors and Lead Persons arrive at assigned areas on time.
- Plan for and schedule Janitors in your assigned areas of work to meet contract specifications within the task and frequency requirements.
- Ensure all payroll and contract required documentation is submitted per procedure and within specified timelines.
- Resolve and/or document questions, situations, complaints, and operations issues brought to you by Janitors and Lead Persons according to established policies and procedures.
The following physical requirements are necessary to meet this job description:
- Standing, bending & walking up to 8 hours
- Sweeping and mopping for extended periods
- Vacuuming which includes twisting and bending
- Moving small furniture, etc.
- Required to be able to operate a vehicle for travel/transportation purposes related to the work
- Able to move maximum weight of 50 pounds vertically
- Able to move maximum weight of 25 pounds horizontally
- Able to relocate above described weights a minimum distance of 100 feet including up and down stairs
SAFETY AND SECURITY:
- Provide instruction on safety and security to employees.
- Report all accidents or injuries IMMEDIATELY to the Asst/Contract Manager
- Take appropriate action to remedy unsafe/unsecure conditions.
- Report all unsafe conditions to the Assistant/Contract Manager, as applicable, which cannot be remedied by the Supervisor.
- Responsible for the prevention of employee accidents/injuries within the zone.
- Responsible for meeting contract specifications in the zone.
- Inspect assigned areas for cleanliness and appearance according to the specifications of the current contract.
- Resolve and document quality assurance issues.
Hours will vary according to contract needs with a 30-minute lunch.
This position is non-exempt and receives overtime pay at one- and one-half times the regular rate of pay for all hours worked over 40 hours in a workweek beginning Saturday 12:00am through Friday midnight.
Certifications and Trainings will be required at Agency's Expense
If you are interested in working at Tinker AFB or Oklahoma City, submit application for employment to one or all of our employment opportunities. You can submit an application online today, or print an application to fill out by hand and mail or fax to DRTC.
2501 N. Utah Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
Phone: (405) 946-4489
Fax: (405) 943-9710
Video Phone #: (405) 445-7314
DRTC is an EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer