Executive Assistant (Administrative Trainee Tract)
Increases the efficiency of the agency by assisting the Executive Director in all facets of scheduling, mail, correspondence, filing and organization; also responsible for word processing and proofing as directed. Keeps all Board of Directors' records and correspondence. Functions as Recording Secretary for the Board, and is the staff liaison to the Board of Directors at the Executive Director’s request. Assists in the development and maintenance of paper and computer records, filing and retrieval systems. Provides Management/Administrative Support in developing and maintaining agency-wide, ongoing administrative responsibilities.
WAGES: $20-23 /hr. D.O.E.
LOCATION: DRTC Main Campus
- BA or MA in Related Field
- Proficient typing skills 60 wpm/Strong IT
- Proficient at Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, CRM
- Detail and organizational skills
- Skilled in maintaining accurate records
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to communicate positively – Customer Service
- Experience in any of the following – Law, Rehabilitation, Marketing and Business
HIRING REQUIREMENTS: (Minimal)
- Must be 18 years old, or older
- Possess valid Oklahoma Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass OSBI, MVR, DHS Registry Check and any other background check as agency is required or deems necessary
- Must show a 10-year history of growth and success.
- Proficient in organizational skills and able to handle multiple assignments according to priorities and deadlines and maintain accurate records. Ability to multi-task.
- Good attention to detail and proofreading skills/Research Capabilities.
- Effective communication skills including good grammar and ability to take minutes.
- Must be able to make quick and logical decisions based on policy, procedure and current law.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
- Able to maintain professional attire, confidentiality and have a good working knowledge of business procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES – Essential Functions:
1. Assists Executive Director
- Works daily assisting the Executive Director both directly and indirectly, prioritizing tasks according to Agency need as directed by Executive Director.
- Priority to Executive Director and the Executive Directors immediate concerns.
- Supports the Executive Director in ongoing organization that will maximize her time, keeps her schedule and advises her of conflicts.
- Works with Executive Director in developing systems, upgrading and fine-tuning Executive Director’s retrieval systems, resource files, storage, etc. for maximum efficiency.
- Performs all administrative duties as assigned as well as word processing, filing and handling administrative-level or confidential information for the Executive Director and agency.
2. Board of Directors:
- Responsible for set-up of Board of Directors’ meetings and Executive Committee meetings, notification of members, arranging for refreshments and compiling packets of information.
- Assists with new Board member applications, including recommendation forms, letters of acceptance to the Board and copies of designated documentation.
- Keeps attendance records on Board members. Keeps files, Board Profiles and annual Conflict of Interest forms on each member. Maintains Board Rosters and tracks terms.
- Responsible for Corporate Records, Registered Agent. Reviews By-Laws and works with Executive Director on all Board matters.
- Attends monthly board meetings. Appointed as Recording Secretary to take and transcribe minutes. Is responsible for typing, mailing and distribution to the Board.
3. Calendar Designate
- Oversights the preparation of the Weekly Agency Calendars and schedules meeting rooms.
- Oversights the bi-annual preparation of the 6-Months of Calendar to be distributed in December and June, and the monthly updates to these calendars.
4. Agency Filing and Retrieval Systems
- Maintains and updates Agency's filing systems (File Guide) for both computer and hard filing, monitors file checkout system and updates file lists and retrieval systems.
5. Management/Administrative Support
- Consistently attends and types Agenda and Minutes for designated meetings: Administration (backup), Admin Leadership Team, Strategic Planning, State of State, Board of Directors (types agenda, takes minutes), and other temporary meetings as assigned.
6. ABN Reception Duties
- Distributes agency e-mail.
- Oversight of Agency office supply ordering.
- Answers phones, sends faxes, posts mail, maintains postage machine and copy machines, receives guests for ABN
- Monitors Agency bulletin boards
Normal working hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday with a one hour lunchbreak. Two 15-minute breaks as scheduling allows. Should not work past 5:00 P.M. unless preauthorized by Supervisor. Stays until 7:00 PM with the Board of Directors, the last Monday of the month.
This position is non-exempt and receives overtime pay at one- and one-half times the regular rate of pay for all hours worked over 40 hours in a workweek beginning Saturday 12:00am through Friday midnight.
- Work is performed in an office environment and requires sitting for prolonged periods of time using a computer keyboard and screen.
- The position requires standing, walking, twisting, reaching, bending, crouching, and kneeling. May also grasp, push, pull, drag and move boxes of files and other office items weighing 25 pounds or less.
- Must have mobility, vision, hearing, and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed.
CERTIFICATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED: (At Agency's Expense)
- DDS approved CPR/Standard First Aid Training
- Notary Public Certification - Notary Bond
- Pepper Spray Training
- Ongoing training for job specific, professional, and personal development.
You may submit an application online today at www.drtc.org or print an application to fill out by hand and deliver to Dale Rogers Training Center in person, by mail, or by fax.
Dale Rogers Training Center
2501 N. Utah Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
Phone: (405) 946-4489
Fax: (405) 267-6929
Video Phone #: (405) 445-7314
Dale Rogers Training Center is an EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer